DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver on the promise of Sonesta Service in all interactions with guests and clients according to the Sonesta G.U.E.S.T. standards.
- Work with Room Attendants with heavy items such as mattresses and linens. Deliver linens and other supplies to Room Attendants.
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of floor closets and corridors to include removing trash, wiping down shelves/counters; sweeping, moping and/or vacuuming floors; and removing non-floor closet items and storing in appropriate areas.
- Respond to guests requests such as in a timely and efficient manner.
- Clean other designated areas such as public restrooms, storage rooms, and other public area spaces.
- Report needed repairs or unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Respond to special requests, guest complaints, and the delivery of housekeeping/room supplies to achieve complete guest satisfaction.
- Minimize waste of supplies and amenities within all areas of housekeeping.
- Deliver lost and found items according to established procedures.
- May regularly assist with deep cleaning projects.
- When assigned to laundry, monitor laundry supplies and equipment to ensure they are sufficient and in working order. Operate washers and dryers according to hotel standards and manufacturers guidelines. Receive soiled linens and inspect for damaged or stained items. Fold and store clean linens, report damages to supervisor.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other shifts and departmental management.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws regarding health and safety services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Some previous housekeeping experience preferred.
- Previous background from the extended stay industry preferred.
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluent English is preferred; other languages beneficial.
- Basic reading, writing and mathematical abilities are preferred.
- Frequently standing up, bending, climbing, kneeling, and moving about the facility.
- Carrying, lifting or pulling items weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Will be required to regularly use commercial cleaning chemicals.
- Will be required to work mornings, evening, weekends, and holidays.
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including: Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Health Savings Account with Company Match, 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match, Paid Vacation and Sick Days, Sonesta Hotel Discounts, Educational Assistance, Paid Parental Leave, Company Paid Life Insurance, Company Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance and Various Employee Perks and Discounts.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
- Occupational Safety And Health
- Team Working
- Vacuum Cleaner