To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Montgomery, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Entry Level Environmental Engineer
CH2M & Jacobs • Montgomery, AL
Posted 22 days ago
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our clients local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Jacobs Pensacola, FL Building and Infrastructure Team seeks an Environmental/Water Engineer who wants to make a difference in their community and through solving the exciting engineering challenges facing Jacobs clients. We are looking for a highly motivated engineer to work on a variety of water, wastewater, and stormwater treatment, conveyance, and modeling and asset management projects. This position will support mid and senior level engineers and project managers to conduct evaluations, engineering reports, planning/study documents, designs, and construction management services. The role is anticipated to include field inspection of construction services. Each day, you will be an important team member as you participate in the design, coordination, and execution of projects for our clients. Our senior engineers are committed to strong mentorship and providing opportunities to work independently and with peers. You should be a self-motivated professional with a desire to grow personally as well as professionally with each project while delivering transformative projects for our clients, in our diverse and fast-paced office.
- Work under the supervision of mid and senior level engineers.
- Perform routine assignments which are clearly defined and require the application of standard design engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Prepare models, engineering specifications, data sheets, sketches, drawings and perform calculations in support of engineering activities. •
- Conduct site visits to conduct field audits and perform construction observation.
- Independently evaluate the selection and/or modification of standard techniques, procedures, criteria and systems to efficiently meet project goals.
- Review vendor information to assure compliance with specifications.
- Perform equipment selection and prepares technical specifications.
- Prepare reports, studies, and calculations.
- Assist senior engineers on larger, more complex projects, including managing project tasks.
- B.S. in Environmental, or Civil Engineering or related engineering discipline
- 0-3 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge and proficient use of Microsoft products including SharePoint, Word, EXCEL, and PowerPoint; ability to develop and utilize complex spreadsheets.
- Strong data analysis and technical problem solving
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Outgoing and positive attitude, dependable, and committed to meet all assigned project deadlines.
- Willingness to develop competence in a broad array of engineering related tasks
- Self-motivated, team-oriented, organized, and able to successfully multitask.
- M.S. in Environmental, or Civil Engineering or related engineering discipline
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit web address removed>