To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Long Beach, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Director of Finance
Bunzl Distribution • Long Beach, CA
Posted 3 days ago
The Region Controller will direct the financial activities of the region.
Your career path has many avenues available for you to succeed. Are you looking to advance at a rate that matches your ambition and skill set? At Bunzl, we understand and want to invest in you. With our multi-career options, you’ll not only be able to find the adventure you are looking for today, but can be confident that new opportunities will be there for advancement in your future.
At Bunzl, we know that our employees are our number one asset. We seek to recruit and retain the right people who are passionate about our business and we provide opportunities for our employees so that they may progress within our company based on their talents, experiences, and their aptitude.
- Business Partner to senior management team – assists with special projects as necessary
- Manage business segment Accounting Staff
- Assess/define and execute business segment specific opportunities with Organic Gross Margin, Working Capital, and Operating Efficiencies
- Responsible for implementation and compliance with internal controls to ensure the accuracy of region financial data and safeguarding of company assets
- Responsible for the accounting close process for all operating locations in the business segment.
- Prepares periodic and ad hoc financial reporting data as required
- Prepares financial statements and other reports for management that summarize results of the segment’s operations
- Prepares budget variance and trend analysis of profit and loss/balance sheet accounts and various financial/operational ratios
- Prepares monthly forecasts and narrative of segment results
- Review analysis with region management to assist operating locations in meeting financial and operational objectives
- Responsible for coordinating and consolidating annual budgets for all locations in the segment.
- Coordinates financial audits with external/internal auditors and assists corporate with other financial related regulatory audits such as sales/use tax
- Coordinates all transaction activity with shared services (cash application and accounts payable)
- Responsible for the data collection of the customer profitability initiative along with reviewing and analyzing branch activity related to MPG
- Credit, collection and accounts receivable review and monitoring ensuring all company policies are in place
- Review, analyze and monitor of Inventory Reserve, Bad Debt and other accruals
- Responsible for supporting post-acquisition integration activities as it relates to financials processes and controls
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting/finance required
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years demonstrated experience in accounting/finance required
- Specific knowledge of the distribution industry desired
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word applications
- Must be successful in problem identification and resolution
- Ability to travel to different locations is required
So, what are you waiting for? A new career awaits you with endless opportunities.
Bunzl is a global leader in the Cleaning & Hygiene, Food Processing, Grocery, Health Care, Non-Food Retail, and Safety industries. We have grown both organically and through acquisitions to sales in excess of $10 billion. Bunzl North America is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri. Bunzl North America owns and operates more than 100 warehouses and serves all 50 states, Puerto Rico, Canada and parts of the Caribbean and Mexico. With more than 5,000 employees and 400,000 plus supplies, Bunzl is regarded as a leading supplier in North America.
Bunzl Distribution offers competitive salaries, a comfortable work environment, and a full range of benefits including a 401k with a company match.
Bunzl Distribution has a tradition of commitment to equal employment opportunity. It is the established policy to attract and retain the best qualified people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status as provided by law.