The Certified Home Health Aide is responsible for providing personal care to the patient in the home environment, under the instruction and supervision of the registered nurse.
FTE 0.001 Job ID 2018-16601 # of Openings 1 Category C.N.A./Other Clinical Tech Type PRN/TR (As Needed) Shift Days
- Previous experience in home health desirable
License or Certification Requirements:
- State of IL CNA certification
- CPR certification
- Adheres to agency policy related to communication, schedules and voice mail.
- Assists patients with personal care services, such as, bathing, dressing and grooming, and ROM exercise as directed by the RN or Therapist
- Attends Unit meetings
- Documents an accurate record of the patient's activities every visit and is submitted per agency policy
- Maintains a safe environment by following standard precautions and procedures.
- Monitors patient condition by observing physical and mental condition
- Promotes and encourage patient's progress towards independence.
- Protects the agency by adhering to professional standards, home care policy and procedures, federal, and state requirements
- Reminds patients to take medications as assigned
- Reports and records patient condition changes to supervising RN or Therapist
- Supports patients by providing assistance with household requirements; as preparing meals, laundry, and light housekeeping.
- Reinforces principles of nutrition.
- Updates knowledge by participating in at a minimum of 12hours of education per year.
To apply please email your resume to Email blocked - click to apply
Riverside Healthcare is revolutionizing care using leading-edge technology to diagnose and treat patients. We are ranked top in the nation for performance in neurosurgery, orthopedics, and heart surgery and have also been named one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals® by Truven Health Analytics seven times. Riverside is nationally recognized for our specialty programs in obstetrics, trauma, oncology, rehabilitation, geriatrics, occupational health, psychiatric services, and treatment of alcohol and chemical dependency, as well as patient safety. We combine innovation and convenience at state-of-the-art facilities located in communities throughout the greater Kankakee area.
Riverside Medical Center proves that truly progressive medicine is being delivered in Chicago’s southwest suburbs and East Central Illinois. Join a team that is not only concerned with providing the best care possible but also with offering a work environment of advancement and growth. Riverside is a place that embraces a culture where opinions count and dedication is respected, where superior performance is rewarded with competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
Certified Nursing Assistant
Registered Nurse Certified