As the most experienced role on the reporting team, the Workday Reporting Lead Analyst will serve as the point person for assigned projects supporting the COE, and other projects requested by the business. This person will develop complex reports needed by all HR functions in support of the business needs, as well as reports requested directly by the business. Collaboration will be fostered, and the reporting analyst will deliver reports and dashboards that exceed the expectations of our customers while ensuring confidentiality and integrity of the data provided. Establishing strong relationships, understanding the requests being made, and having a customer-centric perspective is key to success in this role. The Lead Analyst will be expected to be the team expert on Workday reporting, and to proactively identify opportunities to maximize the reporting team’s impact while providing an exceptional experience to the customers of HR Operations.
• Serve as Tier 2 contact for most complicated ad-hoc and scheduled reporting requests, providing exceptional support for reporting requests received via our case management system, or as requested by leadership.
• Manage all assigned COE reporting projects (may include: Best Places to Work, Q12, CEO pay ratio, and leadership scorecards) using a proper project management methodology
• Develop and maintain simple to complex dashboards to meet the needs of the business.
• Troubleshoot complex report related issues and resolve in a timely manner, while providing sustainable solutions that support HR’s vision and mission
• Lead efforts to analyze and optimize report performance in close collaboration with HR function and business facing stakeholders.
• Using Workday, design new reports, including complex dashboards, to meet customer needs.
• Ensures understanding of requests received by consulting and collaborating with HR and business facing stakeholders in all data and reporting requests.
• Proactively seek and provide recommendations to improve efficiency and performance of reports
• Participates and leads projects related to new dashboards and analytics for HR and business leaders.
• Continues to expand Workday advanced reporting expertise; shares expertise with less experienced reporting teammates.
• Supports requests for audits and HR practices requests, ensuring timeliness and data integrity.
• Recommend business process or system enhancements to improve reporting capabilities and influence system owners to incorporate changes.
• Support new system implementations, upgrades and software releases from the reporting standpoint including making updates and testing, as needed.
• Help monitor the effectiveness and performance of reporting products, modify current reports, or operationalize new reports / methods as needed
• Research data issues and answer questions relating to HR systems’ data
• Communicate regularly with system users on projects, design changes and other work impacting the user community
• Execute regression and patch testing on HR applications functionality and new system releases and maintain testing plan as needed to support reporting applications.
• Participate in the development of others within the reporting team, serving as mentor and subject matter expert within reporting team.
• 5-7 years of reporting experience as a Data Analyst and/or Business or Systems Analyst (preferably with a Human Capital Management (HCM) system such as Workday, Oracle, PeopleSoft, SuccessFactors or SAP).
• 2+ years of experience with Workday reporting, including calculated fields, advanced, matrix, dashboards, and scorecards.
• A strong understanding of core Human Resources functions and typical workforce management processes preferred
• Expertise with Workday (HRIS), advanced MS Excel skills (V-Looks ups, pivot tables and PowerPoint).
• Hands-on experience designing and developing custom reports within Workday required.
• Proven ability to synthesize information and translate complex information in an easy to understand, effective format that is both fit for purpose and audience appropriate
• Excellent customer service and communication skills, with an ability to understand and communicate complex functional and technical solutions to HR and end users.
• Ability to translate complex information in an easy, visually effective format that is audience appropriate.
• Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills with an attention to detail.
• Excellent problem-solving skills, with an ability to anticipate needs and solve problems proactively.
• Effectively manage confidential data, and professional work with colleagues in establishing and adhering to data governance standards.
• Able to work well independently and under pressure while juggling multiple high priority projects.
Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in information systems, computer science, human resources management, or business administration
Work From Home: Yes
Travel Percentage: None
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Complex Problem Solving