Belmont Behavioral Hospital is a premiere provider of comprehensive treatment for mental health conditions and substance abuse problems. Having been in operation for over 75 years as one of the most prominent providers of behavioral healthcare treatment services, Belmont is proud to offer high quality and specialized programming options for children, adolescents, adults, and older adults who are suffering from psychiatric concerns and chemical dependency.
Belmont Behavioral Hospital is currently seeking Registered Nurses that can work a Part-Time, Day and Evening flex schedule.
The Registered Nurse:
- Provides and coordinate care by assessing physical and behavioral health needs of patient, develop and implement nursing care plans, maintain medical records and educate patients and their families about various physical and behavioral health conditions.
- Provides nursing care and services within the standards and scope of nursing practice as defined within the state Nurse Practice Act regulations, policies, procedures and protocols, as well as facility and corporate policies and procedures.
- Ensure physician’s orders are legible if taken verbally and transcribed appropriately per policy and procedure.
- Ensure patient’s status is assessed on an ongoing basis and pertinent information gathered is documented. Notify physician of significant changes in status such as difficulties with detox, medical emergency or change in medical status regarding response to medications, etc.
- Nursing treatment plans are specific to assessed needs. Initial treatment plan is completed upon admission.
- Demonstrate knowledge and utilization of universal precautions in providing direct patient care.
- Accurately administer medications per ordered note and document accurate count of controlled substance medication administration on required documents.
- Responsible for completing admission and discharge processed efficiently and accurately as directed.
- Exhibit therapeutic rapport with patients by maintaining professional boundaries, being respectful to personal space, giving patient direct attention and maintaining rational detachment.
- Provide direction or coordinate the activities of the unit as directed.
- Communicate therapeutically and professionally with patients, visitors, coworkers and others involved in patient treatment in an effective manner.
The ideal candidate will:
Qualified candidates will have a minimum of an Associates in Nursing from an approved program with 1 or more years of nursing experience. Previous behavioral health experience preferred. Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in the State of Pennsylvania, and current CPR certification required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Registered Nurse Certified