The Environmental Affairs Specialist provides support for the corporate environmental and compliance programs for the Environmental Solutions and Services business unit. Overall purpose of the department is to assure the hazardous waste management and transportation operations are conducted in compliance with and the applicable laws and standards.
- Bachelors degree in Environmental Sciences or related Degree
- At least 6 years experience in the environmental, health and safety, and transportation regulatory program management preferred
- Knowledge and experience in the management of hazardous wastes required
- Good communication and writing skills
- Ability to work independently/unsupervised
- Good initiative
- Customer Focused
- Ability to communicate ideas
- Ability to manage several tasks or projects simultaneously
- Good computer skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that an employee encounters while successfully performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The job holder must be able to travel to Veolia facilities, customer locations, and third party facilities to perform work and conduct audits. Travel up to 40%. Ability to work in industrial hazardous waste settings. Ability to wear an air purifying respirator. Ability to spend extended hours working at a desk at his/her computer.