To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lawrenceville, VA 23868
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
The GEO Group, Inc. • Lawrenceville, VA
Posted 26 days ago
Facility: LAWRENCEVILLE CORRECTIONAL CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Initiates and provides comprehensive nursing care in a correctional setting while observing and maintaining the requirements of operational security.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs a complete physical assessment and medical history as required on each detainee/inmate entering the correctional system. Medical problems are referred to the physician for extended evaluation.
- Assists physician with sick call by screening patients and minor surgical procedures. Treats detainees/inmates with problems within professional capabilities and refers other medical problems to the appropriate physician.
- Ensures the implementation of physician's orders. Ensures that prescribed medications are administered as ordered using the formulary. Applies knowledge of drugs and therapeutics in dispensing medication.
- Makes observation rounds on patients, and records in progress notes. Evaluates symptoms, reactions, and progress of patients on periodic basis, charts, and reports problems to management.
- Maintains security while dispensing medications and is continually cognizant of the potential hazard of drug hoarding and trafficking among detainees/inmates. Maintains non-involvement in the security aspects of care.
- Destroys and properly disposes of all needles/syringes.
- Prepares regularly scheduled reports and special reports as necessary.
- Maintains compliance with industry and company policies for accreditation.
- Documents all detainee/inmate contacts. Maintains confidentiality of medical records.
- Coordinates Chronic Disease Clinic scheduling.
- Supervises the work flow of the LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) staff. Provides input into performance evaluation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s or Bachelor's degree from a NLN (National League of Nurses) approved program; graduate of an accredited school of nursing required. Must have a current, unrestricted license to practice as Registered Nurse in the state the facility is located. Maintains a current copy of license on file at the facility at all times.
- Two (2) years of direct work experience preferred.
- Must possess competence in the performance of the following services: crisis intervention, medical emergencies, physical assessment, medical nursing care, and psychiatric nursing care.
- Must have the ability to work without direct, immediate supervision in performing nursing diagnosis, and be able provide appropriate follow through treatment.