West Corporation’s HR team is looking for a Payroll Specialist
to add to our team in Omaha! The Payroll Specialist will be responsible for processing and auditing feed files going into payroll systems from HRIS (including but not limited to new hire and termination information, employee status changes, incentives, vacation/holiday pay, etc.) to ensure the timely and accurate transmission and completion of the payroll process. Key areas of emphasis:
- Perform bi-weekly payroll processing ensuring efficient and accurate payment of wages, bonuses and commissions to employees.
- Verify applicable payroll preview reports and employee time data ensuring employee hours worked align with paycheck results.
- Conduct payroll processing variance analysis reviewing prior payroll results to current payroll results resolving or explaining differences.
- Update employee tax data to align with employee resident and work state legislative requirements.
- Coordinate direct deposits and pay card enrollments to ensure employee’s pay is accurately deposited in the appropriate manner.
- Respond, maintain and disburse all types of wage attachments in a timely and accurate manner ensuring adherence to federal and state laws as well as internal procedures and policies
- Coordinate interface/data loads from multiple sources (HCM, Finance, Vendors and Ad hoc spreadsheets) into the ADP payroll system to ensure accurate bi-weekly payroll calculations.
- Produce outbound interfaces containing post payroll results sending data to various vendors.
- Provide high level of customer support by responding to employee inquiries and taking appropriate action ensuring timely review and resolution of pay related concerns.
- Work in a team environment coordinating with other team members in the processing of payroll.
Education, Experience and Required Skills
West is connecting people and ideas.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Human Resources, Accounting or Business preferred
- Minimum two years payroll experience required. Multi-site company experience preferred.
- Equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for educational requirements
- Intermediate Microsoft Office experience including Excel vlookup, pivot tables, sub totals, and other intermediate level skills.
- Intermediate analytical knowledge or experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of federal, state, local and Canadian compliance preferred
We are delivering on their potential.
We are improving the way we work and live.
At West, we are dedicated to delivering and improving upon new channels, new capabilities and new choices for how businesses and consumers collaborate, connect and transact. We develop technology-enabled communications that change the way we work and improve the way we live. We are a collective effort of enterprise and individuals, of communities and customers, of partnerships and families. We are the sum of our entire network – based on the four pillars of trust, innovation, collaboration, and execution and the hard work of people who share our vision. We are at the core of a technology and communications engine that is changing the world. We Connect. We Deliver. We are WEST.
Applications will be accepted through 7/14/2019.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Don’t forget to join our online community and “Like” West Careers on Facebook to receive updates about exciting opportunities and network with other West employees.