To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Manager, Military Programs
Hilton Corporate • US-Nationwide
Posted 1 month ago
***This position is Remote based***
Our Global HR team partners with our business leaders to attract, retain, and develop Hilton's most important asset, our Team Members.
What will I be doing?
Hilton launched Operation: Opportunity in 2013 with a commitment to hire 10,000 veterans, spouses and dependents within 5 years. We accomplished that goal two years ahead of schedule and since committed to hiring and additional 20,000 military hires by the end of 2020. The Manager of Military Programs will oversee change management, training and programs to ensure success of Hilton's military recruitment goals within US hotels, including the Recruitment Operations Centers. You will be critical in creating awareness about the value of hiring military, best practices around translating military skills and advocating for military candidates to hiring managers. Garnering key stakeholder buy in with our recruiters, hiring managers, HR Directors and General Managers will be a major portion of this role. This role will act as a brand ambassador for Hilton and Operation: Opportunity in the military community to continue building a strong military friendly brand and pipeline of qualified military talent to contribute towards our goals of hiring 20,000 additional military candidates by the end of 2020.
The Manager of Military Programs will work to fully activate and ensure the success of the military program across within US managed hotels. You will focus on change management and stakeholder buy-in to maximize military hiring efforts at our properties to help us reach our military commitment. You will build and leverage partnerships with each regional recruitment team (ROC-Recruitment Operations Center), HR Director and General Manager at our US managed hotels.
More specifically, you will:
- Expand and refresh strategy around motivating and activating Operation: Opportunity at each US Managed hotel to drive military hires.
- Train and coach recruiters on translating military experience, sourcing military talent, interviewing military talent, and selling military candidates to hiring managers.
- Drive development of hiring manager training around hiring military.
- Develop specialized line of business training for recruiters to become more confident in translating skills and advocating for military candidates to their hiring managers.
- Build relationships with department heads and hiring managers and provide training, coaching and implement a strategy to hold hiring managers accountable.
- Partner with Manager of Military Recruitment, HR leadership and Recruitment leadership to improve military candidate experience and increase applicant to interview ratio.
- Build and maintain relations with ROC leadership, HR Operations leadership, General Managers, Human Resources Directors and hiring managers to insure key stakeholder buy in and open lines of communication.
- Partner with the Manager of Military Recruitment, HR and recruitment leadership to insure the military programs team is being utilized to provide sourcing for key roles.
- Track and share recruitment metrics on a monthly basis to create a culture of accountability and implementing necessary changes in strategy to stay on track towards our goals.
- Attend key hiring fairs, conferences and networking events to assist the local recruitment teams and build relationships with property HR teams.
- Collaborate and provide input on specialized projects such as marketing opportunities, team member retention, sponsorship opportunities and training/development programs.
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Excellent social and communication skills
- Bring a consultative, creative and process driven approach to the role
- Project management skills with an aptitude for staying calm and effective while handling multiple concurrent demands and prioritizing responsibilities in a fast paced, high energy environment
- Possess organizational savviness and resilience
- Problem solving skills to effectively and creatively find solutions for hard problems while maintaining a high level of professionalism and integrity
- Collaborative teammates who love to build consensus and relationships across all levels
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Three (3) years of hotel operations experience or relative customer service industry experience
- Two (2) years of training and coaching experience
- Proven change management experience and ability to drive a key business initiative against a hard deadline
- Business development, sales or program management experience
- Travel 50%
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Four (4) years of military experience or military affiliation
- Three (3) years of recruitment experience
- Two (2) years of managerial experience
- Experience working with military programs
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!