To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New Orleans, LA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Solutions Engagement Supervisor
UPS • New Orleans, LA
Posted 10 days ago
If you’re looking to show the world what UPS can do, we want to hear from you! UPS is seeking a passionate, sales-driven Solutions Engagement Supervisor to join our winning team. He/She develops a thorough understanding of customer processes and business objectives and capitalizes on the value that UPS can provide. The Solutions Engagement Supervisor leverages UPS’s expertise in engineering, technology, finance and supply chain design and consults with the UPS Sales organization to enhance customers’ businesses through value-added solutions. He/She supports small-mid scale projects and actively participates in their implementation. In addition, he/she provides ongoing analysis of implementation projects, plans and templates through statistics, outcomes, lessons learned and post-implementation audits.
To understand a customer’s business needs and goals, the Solutions Engagement Supervisor conducts extensive research into its operations and meets with internal stakeholders to determine objectives and opportunities. He/She evaluates the information and proposes viable solutions to obtain quality, financial and process improvements. He/she also prepares and positions customer proposals and coordinates implementation resources and activities.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Generates revenue through consultative sales activities
- Reviews account information to identify opportunities, provides guidance to sales management on positioning and selling solutions and participates in strategy meetings
- Conducts product, service and solutions training
- Prepares and presents project reports and assists with budget validation and post-project user audits
- Provides input into implementation scheduling and communication plans
- Builds productive internal and external business partnerships
- Participates in pre- and post-customer meetings to determine strengths and weaknesses of sales approach/solutions and monitors customer needs through account strategy sessions
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to demonstrate sales and solutions acumen to UPS customers
- Understands current/future needs of customer or business and how those needs dictate project requirements/direction and resource allocation; recommends solutions
- Demonstrates familiarity with both UPS’s core service offerings and those of competitors; identifies customers who would benefit from selected offerings; compares and contrasts UPS's and competitor's solutions across all touch-points
- Considers industry and financial trends when making account decisions
- Skilled in conducting detailed customer analyses; creates lists of prospective customers
- Ability to create detailed account strategies incorporating key financial indicators, customer needs and industry trends
- Proficient in negotiation techniques; identifies relevant stakeholders; understands each party’s objectives
- Understands implementation objectives, project plan and one's role within a project; participates in implementation; provides timely and concise updates; identifies and communicates areas of risk
- Skillfully builds relationships throughout a customer organization; recognizes customer issues and recommends solutions
- Understands supply chain concepts and recommends enhancements
- Recognizes basic impact of technology on UPS business, services and processes; identifies technological barriers; maintains technological knowledge
- Strong financial acumen, including understanding of Statement of Cash Flow, Balance Sheets and Income Statements, and ensuring decisions are financially sound
- Previous Supply Chain Management experience
- Demonstrated consultative sales experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access – Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law