CSI Health is seeking a Benefits Analyst for a client of ours located in St. Petersburg, FL. This would be a contract to hire opportunity for a large credit union service organization.
The CSI Companies understands that an attractive benefits package is important for recruiting above-average candidates. While on contract, we offer a benefits package that includes weekly pay, direct deposit, multiple healthcare plans (Vision, Dental, Disability options, Holiday Pay, & Paid Time Off) if eligible.
Schedule: Mon-Fri, normal business hours
Location: St. Pete, FL 33716
Contract to hire
This position adds value to the organization through the analysis, administration and communication of all employee benefit and wellness plans. Incumbent will oversee certain benefit programs ensuring communication materials and presentations are high quality and assist employees in their full understanding and utilization of the programs. Responsible to perform monthly, quarterly and annual benefits plan analysis, billing, and reconciliation utilizing benchmark data and company cost and usage trends. Maintains, updates and develops a variety of reports utilizing Report Writing and other tools. Respond to a wide variety of benefits inquiries from employees in a variety of manners including email, phone, social media, etc. and provides high level of service and problem solving abilities.
- Perform program administration for all employee health and welfare benefit plans and retirement plans including the 401(k) and Deferred Compensation programs
- Process enrollments, changes and terminations for benefit programs using electronic systems and manual processes
- Perform calculation of monthly benefit plan premiums, ensuring that appropriate employee payroll deductions are made and that vendors receive payments on a timely basis
- Maintain employee benefit and wellness information in the HRIS system to ensure accurate data records are collected and maintained. Perform biweekly data audits to review for errors to ensure accurate data is collected for the self-administered billing process and to ensure processing including benefit enrollments, changes, and terminations
- Assists the VP, Total Rewards and Benefits and Wellbeing Manager and others on the Annual Benefit Renewal and Enrollment process
- Conduct presentations to employees of benefit programs, including new hire orientation and open enrollment and ongoing to include, design and content of new hire information and open enrollment materials; manage contents (supply inventory) and staying abreast of and incorporating best practice delivery methods
- Complete benefit compliance items including Medicare Part D disclosures, 5500 reporting, plan document administration and other ACA related regulations.
- Produce benefit and wellbeing reports for management on a regular basis, utilizing Excel, Word and other tools
- Assist with implementation of various employee benefit and wellness events and publication including KYN events, WellBeing Wednesday and other benefit and wellness education events.
- Assist employees with a wide variety of escalated benefits inquiries; Consults with internal and external parties as necessary to devise a solution to resolve the issues
- Oversee the administrative processes for Tuition and Executive Wellness reimbursements to ensure they are handled in an efficient, timely manner.
- Assist with maintaining and updating benefit related information and policies on the company intranet and the external benefit site
- Assist others with collecting and analyzing market benchmark data for company benefits and conducting cost tracking, analysis and forecasting for all benefit plans. Assists with devising recommendations for new and/or changed benefits
- Keep abreast of benefits, wellbeing and leave of absence programs and practices; Example include by being an active member of HR organizations and by reading, analyzing and interpreting general and professional business periodicals and journals as well as technical procedures and governmental regulations
- Assist the Benefits and Wellbeing Team in managing a variety of benefit, wellbeing and leave of absence programs and policies as requested including wellbeing program administration
- Assists Finance with the benefits and payroll reconciliation in the Finance general ledger as needed and initiated by Finance
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education: Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience required. CBP Certification (Certified Benefits Professional) or CEBS (Certified Employee Benefits Specialist) completion of courses towards certification preferred.
Experience: Five (5) years Human Resources and Benefits experience required, with two (2) years of experience in Wellness administration preferred. Experience with leaves of absence administration preferred. Excel skills, PowerPoint, and HRIS systems required. Must be proficient with V-lookups and pivot tables.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrate behaviors based on company values: Excellence, Innovation, Leadership, Passion and Trust
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats and give presentations utilizing various audiovisual support aids
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work in fast-paced environment, and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated organizational skills, ability to exercise initiative, display detail orientation, and focus on complex and repetitive tasks
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in making decisions and interact effectively and positively with all levels of personnel, visitors and vendors
- Proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet computer software applications.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of materials handled