We are seeking an energetic, patient-centered Registered Nurse for our Women’s Medicine Unit at Inova Fairfax Medical Campus! Our brand new, 30-bed unit is located in the Inova Women’s Hospital, the only dedicated women’s hospital in Northern Virginia. On this unit, you will see a variety of women’s general medicine patients. The Women’s Medicine Unit is a sister unit to our nationally recognized Women’s Surgical Specialty Unit. Our usual nurse to patient ratio is four or five patients to one RN. Sign-On/Relocation Bonus Information:
This position is eligible for a competitive Sign-On Bonus. Candidates who are relocating 50 miles or further are also eligible for relocation assistance.Schedule:
full-time, night shift with 3 x 12 hour shifts per week from 7:00pm to 7:00am
Inova Fairfax Hospital is proud to announce that the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) awarded Magnet® designation, the most prestigious accolade for nursing excellence, to our hospital in December 2020. Currently, only 8.5% of hospitals in the nation hold Magnet® designation and Inova Fairfax Hospital is proud to be part of this select group. The new Magnet designation is in addition to several other prestigious recognitions which include: a five star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), being named by IBM Watson Health as one the nation's highest performing hospitals, and among the top 10 Major Teaching Hospitals, an A for Patient Safety by The Leapfrog Group, the #1 hospital in the DC metro area by U.S. News & World Reports, and being nationally ranked in gynecologic care.The Inova Registered Nurse
- Provides knowledgeable and caring clinical practice and care coordination through an understanding of patient, family, nurse, and healthcare delivery team. Consistently provides safe, therapeutic care in a holistic and systematic way. Incorporates differences into the provision of care. Conducts all patient care in a patient and family-centered manner. Integrates knowledge, skills, and experiences to meet the needs of patients and families throughout the continuum, to include patient and family education.
- Communicates effectively and works cooperatively with others. Has respect for and understanding of other clinical disciplines. Uses an integrated approach toward patient outcomes.
- Serves as an empowering body to influence patient empowerment, and successful outcomes of financial and clinical quality, through relationships and access-based knowledge. Utilizes standards, guidelines, and pathways for care delivery. Determines process for delivery of care from direct patient and family communication, technology, and other healthcare team member collaboration.
- Ensures improvements in practice settings by assuming responsibility for self-development in life-long learning. Provides direction and guidance to others regarding practice. Serves as a resource, preceptor, and mentor. Demonstrates leadership skills in decision making and problem solving.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive paid time off (PTO) accruals that increases with tenure
- Seven annual holidays in addition to your PTO
- Competitive 401k match
- Educational assistance
- Relocation assistance available for qualified candidates
- Free parking for all Inova team members at all Inova locations
- A minimum of 6 months of Registered Nurse clinical experience in the acute care setting
- Education: BSN or MSN or
If Associates Degree RN-Within 6 months of start date, meet with nurse leader:
- Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend
- Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses
- Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date.
Complete BSN within 24 months of start date
- BLS for Healthcare Provider Certification from the American Heart Association required
- RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a RN
- Proficient in English, strong verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional interpersonal skill and the ability to display a caring demeanor towards others. Proficient computer skills required.
For internal use only: IND1About Us
Inova is Northern Virginia’s leading nonprofit healthcare provider. Our mission is to provide world-class healthcare – every time, every touch – to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve. Inova’s 18,000 team members serve more than 2 million individuals annually through an integrated network of hospitals, primary and specialty care practices, emergency and urgent care centers, outpatient services and destination institutes.
Safety Always: Learn how we keep our team members and patients Safe@Inova.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
- Basic Life Support
- Care Coordination
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Clinical Practices
- Clinical Works