To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
MSC Industrial Supply Co., Inc. • Atlanta, GA
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure the achievement of individual and company sales and profit goals by fulfilling the duties and responsibilities of their sales position.
- Responsible for visiting and interacting with established and prospective customers under general supervision.
- Ensures growth of sales identifies and develops under close guidance new prospects and grows business to contribute to the achievement of company sales goals.
- Maintains relationships with vendors to support growth of their account portfolio.
- Manages to ensure excellent customer relations. Responds to customer needs, consistent with company standards, culture, and business practices. Consults with manager to identify and implement solutions to problems.
- Demonstrates teamwork to ensure achievement of team and company sales goals.
- Maintains sales records and generates relevant market/sales reports
- Monitors expenditures to ensure compliance with approved budgetary constraints. Takes corrective action as needed.
- Develops a personal business plan under general management supervision to establish personal annual goals.
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
- Broad knowledge of Business to Business sales techniques is required.
- The ability to demonstrate experience with metal cutting products is required
- A manufacturing or industrial sales background is preferred
- Applicable knowledge of the Metalworking Product Areas (Cutting Tools, Carbide, etc.) is required.
- Excellent communications skills are required.
- Basic computer literacy desired.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Position requires daily local travel within branch or market territory.
- Occasional overnight travel is also required.
People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
As one of America’s Best Large Employers (named in 2017 by Forbes magazine), we care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,000+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.