To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Middleton, WI 53562
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Plant Safety Specialist
QTI Group • Middleton, WI
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The QTI Group has partnered with a local manufacturing facility to recruit for a Plant Safety Specialist in the Greater Madison area! The Safety Specialist will promote a safe working environment through established programs as well as participating in continuous improvement initiatives. This role will coordinate with supervisors and workers throughout multiple plants to evaluate, monitor and promote safety protocols. Ideal candidates will be bilingual (English/Spanish), have prior experience in a manufacturing environment and have strong interpersonal skills. Competitive salary offered based on experience level.
- Responsible for safety and environmental compliance programs, audits, gap analysis, corrective actions, training, and documentation.
- Responsible for all incident and near miss investigations, documentation, corrective actions, and follow up.
- Plan, organize, lead, direct and run plant safety employee engagement and empowerment activities and programs including leading the plant safety committee.
- Build and Maintain an interdependent "safety first" culture
- Develop and maintain business unit and site specific safety program including safe work procedures, Job Safety Analysis, Hazard Assessments & Controls, machine operator safety training, and safety reviews and audits.
- Develop and maintain a trusting relationship with workgroup as a servant leader for safety and continuous improvement.
- Direct and Document employee development and training around safety program and other continuous improvement initiatives.
- Communicate company vision to all employees to provide a clear sense of direction and focus
- Monitor processes and track corrective actions to continually improve operation
- Develop and lead behavior based safety system and Risk Reduction Programs.
- Stay up to date with latest environmental, safety, and health best practices and concepts
- 5+ years of experience preferred managing safety program in a manufacturing environment or Degree in Environmental & Health Science or related field
- Spanish/English Bilingual skills preferred
- Must be able to spend up to 50% of time on production floor
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with Continuous Improvement concepts and methodologies
- Flexibility to work outside of standard schedule
- Demonstrate ability to engage with workers and train proficiently