Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2020 sales of $27 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit 6373647064037
Location: Front Royal/Elkton, VA
The Linde On-Site Air Separation Plant Technician is responsible for the safe, reliable and efficient operation of oxygen and nitrogen producing plants in Front Royal/Elkton, VA. This is a challenging and rewarding job that requires sound technical abilities in the primary on-site product line, along with knowledge and abilities in instrumentation, controls, and electrical systems. The Plant Technician must demonstrate initiative in handling issues and be self-motivated. The Plant Technician must be on call and able to respond as needed. On rare occasions overnight travel may be needed for training and other plant support. Various training will be provided in safety and plant operations to ensure maximum effectiveness.
The employee in this role solves field site issues and is responsible for the general maintenance and production at the site. The plant is located on a customer site. The technician must be able to produce results with minimal supervision and has primary responsibility for their assigned plants. The technician is supported through managerial supervision, lead technicians, engineers, sales and other technical support. Occasionally the technician will travel to support locations outside the assigned area and may be asked to assist in training and development. The technician makes decisions which require coordination of interrelated tasks. The employee develops conceptual solutions to moderately difficult, non-routine issues/problems and provides guidance on technical leadership of projects.
REPORTS TO a Team Lead, Operations Supervisor, or Area Manager.
Direct Reports - None.
- Maintain all safety, quality and compliance activities at each plant location
- Perform routine maintenance and calibrations on a variety of process equipment including centrifugal and reciprocating compressors, gas analyzers, electrical controls systems and pneumatic control valves
- Manage own time to accomplish operations and maintenance tasks for assigned plants which includes troubleshooting, diagnosing and solving plant problems
- Coordinate contractors and resources, both internal and external to Praxair to support the plant activities, audits and all administrative requirements for the plant
- Maintain or improve plant efficiency
- Occasionally assists or directs the training and development of new employees
Skills & Abilities
- Safety awareness and procedures
- Safe driving
- Trouble shooting and diagnostics
- Maintenance and repairs
- Process understanding, process control schematic interpretation
- Computers, Microsoft applications, process control computer systems, maintenance and compliance documentation
- Communications, both verbal and written
- Quality controls, analyzers
- Organization and time management
- Self-directed learning
- Planning and project management
- Procurement processes
In addition to being able to sit, stand, climb, walk, read, talk, see and hear, to perform the essential functions of this job an individual must be able to do the following additional activities:
- Drive a service (pickup) truck up to 2 or 3 hours per day and up to 8 hours on occasion
- Perform office work requiring sitting at the computer and other administration duties 1 or 2 hours per day
- Walking on flat or uneven surfaces and in areas of crushed stone is done on a daily basis.
- Bending, stooping, and working from just above the ground to 6 foot elevation
- Use of stairs and ladders for elevated work
- Lifting 5 to 15 lb loads is performed daily
- Lifting 15 to 45 lb loads is done on an intermittent basis
- Lifting over 45 to 75 lbs is done occasionally
- Upper body work activities, including using wrenches, hammers, and similar tools
- Use of power tools such as drills
- Use of fingers/fine manipulation (such as instrumentation calibration)
- Normal work week of 8 hours a day, 5 days a week
- On call for plant issues during off hours. Provided company cell phone, laptop, and service truck. Plant performance highly dictated by employee effort.
- Accommodations can be made if reasonable, do not create an undue hardship, and will enable an individual with a disability to safely perform the essential job functions
This is a salaried position with overtime. The salary varies depending on experience. Linde offers a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, 401K matching, vacation and life insurance.
2 - 5 years of Operations experience highly desirable in many of the following fields:
- Air separation or similar complex process control function
- Instrumentation and control
- General maintenance of industrial equipment
- Compressors and compressor maintenance
- Industrial Mechanical
- Industrial Electrical or Electrician
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning (HVAC)
High School Diploma required
Associate degree in a technical field preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
- Defensive Driving
- Diagnostic Skills