To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the supervision of the Patient Services Manager and the direction of the Clinical Nurse, performs specific duties that support patient care. These duties include direct and indirect patient care activities which are essential to providing comprehensive care to patients. Patient and family centered care (PFCC) at YNHH is demonstrated by working with patients and their families based on the 4 principles of PFCC: participation, dignity and respect, information sharing, and collaboration. This includes providing service excellence by creating a great \'First Impression\' by demonstrating exemplary customer service skills for all customer groups including patients, families/friends, physicians, staff and support department personnel. Adheres to the \'I Am YNHH\' service excellence pledge and promotes a positive work environment.EEO/AA/Disability/VeteranResponsibilities
- 1. Under the direction of the Clinical Nurse, engages in selected tasks and activities as directed to obtain and report information to assist the nurse in the assessment, planning and evaluation of patient needs, treatment and response to treatment.
- 2. Obtains and records vital signs as delegated by the RN
- 3. Under the direction of the Clinical Nurse, performs technical duties and selected treatments, procedures and activities which contribute to safe and efficient delivery of patient care.
- 4. Effectively assists in the care of patients with consideration for the safety of key populations as appropriate.
- 5. Collaborates with members of the multidisciplinary team offering suggestions on addressing patient/family needs, taking into account cultural and/or individual diversity and demonstrates sensitivity to these aspects of care delivery.
- 6. Effectively and professionally communicates and interacts with patients, families, and staff.
A minimum of a high school diploma or GED; and CNA or other educational equivalent, i.e. Medical Assistant, Phlebotomy Technician, Student Nurse who has completed one semester of clinical experience. Additional experience preferred will be specified depending on placement.
Either (A) Two (2) years relevant direct patient care experience as dictated by placement. or (B) Education as stated above. All candidates must successfully complete the Patient Care Associate Competency Based Training and Practicum and unit specific competencies, including age-specific competencies.
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with patient, families, peers, and supervisor. Must display the ability to prioritize and adjust work plans based on the needs of the patient, the unit, and the patient care team. Must display the ability to accept direction and work as a member of a unified team. CPR required.
Able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds. Ability to perform tasks of physical endurance and dexterity as required by placement. Consistent use of proper body mechanics.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMAND:
The COVID Collection Site CNA/PCA/Medical Assistant will be required to operate in an environment with potentially infectious patients. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. They are also required to stand and walk. They must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Additional Information*Multiple positions available. These positions will be to support Covid-19 testing sites across the state. Travel to multiple sites will be required. Per diem, Part time and Full Time opportunities are available.
Profit Center Accounting
Registered Nurse Certified