Apex Systems is looking for a BA BSA. If you're interested, please apply online or send your resume to Email blocked - click to apply. Thanks!
BI BSA Contractor
The BI BSA Contractor is responsible for identifying, collecting, analyzing, and maintaining data to evaluate issues that support prospective business decisions. This role also coordinates projects for senior management.
- Develops documentation, reports and presentations for all levels within the organization including executive leadership.
- Collaborates with Subject Matter Experts to develop accurate documents.
- Completes ad hoc data requests as assigned. Responsible for identifying, collecting, analyzing, and maintaining data to evaluate issues that support prospective business decisions.
- Coordinates projects and analysis for management and team.
- Ensures complete, accurate and timely data for reporting purposes.
- Researches, analyzes, identifies, and evaluates data from assigned problems to evaluate existing and potential trends and issues.
- Possesses and maintains a comprehensive understanding and knowledge of business, products, programs (including provider data, networks, etc.), corporate organizational structure (including functional responsibilities), and research principles/methodologies.
- Assists in the management and monitoring of multiple projects simultaneously by establishing project plans and objectives to ensure goal attainment within defined parameters.
- Communicates results of analysis to management via reports/presentations and assist management in implementing programs that provide solutions.
- Recommends and implements solutions to identified problems/root cause of issues.
- Provides expertise and guidance to unit and corporate staff as required.
- Represents and participates in group or committee discussions.
- Identify and address data quality issues across the organization through root cause analysis and remediation activities
- Assist in creation and development of test plans for business intelligence deliverables against requirements.
- As required, assist in test plan execution including release validation
- Provide support and train users on BI tools and methodologies
- Identify and engage the appropriate IT and business participants as well as manage requirements, risks, issues, changes, and updates.
- Stay abreast of emerging BI technology and potential upside to the business.
- As required, assist in off-hours support and issue triage
Five (5) years of experience in a related field required to provide the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities for the role.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Strong communication skills are required to understand, interpret, and communicate ideas.
- Strong knowledge and use of existing software packages (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of data languages such as SAS or SQL.
- Strong analytical, organizational, planning, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to effectively interface with employees at all levels.
- Understand and apply statistical inference.
- Other related skills and/or abilities may be required to perform this job.
- Experience executing in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Administer and adhere to corporate and departmental policies, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of Stars/HEDIS, Risk Adjustment, Provider Network Management, Enrollment, Billing, Claims Adjustment, and Medical Management.
- Familiarity with Agile, SCRUM and/or Agile methodologies.
- Experience in data analysis using SQL and/or writing SQL queries and interpreting logical design document and data model diagrams to understand requirements to build physical design document.
- Strong expertise to understand and interpret design documents and data model diagrams to understand requirements to drive solutions.
- Past experience writing technical and business requirements in relation to Business Intelligence.
- Must have a strong technical background and be proficient with data warehousing, reporting, various ETL platforms & databases including MSSQL and Oracle
- Familiarity with Tableau, SAS, MS SSRS and Business Intelligence (BI) tools.
- Demonstrate ability to work and communicate effectively with both technical and business audiences.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178