To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Pensacola, FL 32526
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
WebSphere Engineer I-III
Navy Federal Credit Union • Pensacola, FL
Posted 6 days ago
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To research, evaluate, design, implement, and maintain system and product solutions, applying knowledge of engineering principles. To provide technical direction and engineering support for projects and develop and maintain working knowledge of evolving IT engineering industry technologies/competition, concepts and trends.
The WebSphere engineer performs the installation, configuration and day-to-day tasks associated with ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of a SOA environment.
WebSphere Engineer Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all aspects of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) on WebSphere Application Server (WAS) including installation, design, configuration, administration and day-to-day management
- Design, develop, and deliver infrastructure for internet and intranet applications
- Perform script-based automation of day-to-day business activities including network maintenance events, patching events, resiliency events, server and application deployments
- Partner closely with application developers to support web sites, portals, or applications hosted on servers
- Strong experience in Apache Webserver/IBM HTTP Server as well as an understanding of Domain Name Server (DNS) management for creating virtual servers for sites and applications leveraging WAS
- Strong problem determination and troubleshooting skills in Middleware technologies
- Require expertise in operating systems; usually Unix (Linux, AIX, etc)
- Unix command prompt and scripting skills are important as configuring products is heavily based on scripting as opposed to graphical user interfaces.
- Participation in design and project meetings
- Provides escalated technical support by handling systems-related issues; will provide on-call technical support
- Apply engineering principles into the design and enhancement of new and existing systems
- Document new system components, or modifications to existing components
- Ensure the security and integrity of system and product solutions including compliance with Navy Federal, industry engineering and Information Security principles and practices
- Perform engineering tasks and assignments in support of business needs
- Perform engineering technology research, deployment, and configuration for new and modified systems
- Present clear, organized and concise information to all audiences through a variety of media to enable effective business decisions
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Information Technology or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
- Familiarity with engineering discipline
- Effective organizational, planning and time management skills
- Effective research, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Effective skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Effective word processing and spreadsheet software skills
- Advanced knowledge of IBM WebSphere environment setup, configuration and maintenance/administration
- Key technologies (Core Services) supported:
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- WebSphere Application Server (WAS) and IBM HTTP Servers (IHS)
- Expertise in Operating Systems, Unix preferred (AIX, Linux, etc…)
- Experience creating scripts (wsaadmin, shell pearl, ant, Jython, Phython, and Jacl)
- Good understand of IBM SOA Suite of product (BPM, WODM, APIC, etc)
- Must be able to troubleshoot and root cause analysis of problem tickets
- Knowledge of IBM Business Process Management (BPM)
- Knowledge of IBM DataPower Appliance
- Advanced knowledge of IBM Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) on WebSphere Application Server
Work Days: Monday-Friday
Work Hours: 8:00am – 4:30pm (Flexible to work 8 hours between the hours of 6am-6pm and the later part of the schedule would be preferred for example 9:30am-6:00pm)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability