Apex systems is HIRING NOW for a CLEARED Junior Systems Administrator opening in Norfolk supporting a government integration client. If you are interested please reach out to Susan at Email blocked - click to apply
• Provide network SME support at the installation level for Navy-wide Operational Technology (OT) initiatives and CNIC programs like but not limited to Public Safety Network (PSNET), Emergency Land Mobile Radio (ELMR), Defense Biometric Identification System (DBIDS) and Enterprise Security Systems like Lenel OnGuard.
• Maintain and secure OT systems in accordance with Navy directives.
• Support printer connections and troubleshooting on OT systems.
• Ensure connectivity and OT integration with regional monitoring and enterprise management services.
• Troubleshoot/track outages and engage with program-level support personnel, base-level communications, and regional staff to resolve issues.
• Ensure OT systems adhere to cyber security principles and support any local IA initiatives designed to secure and accredit existing OT system.
• Support DBIDS PC refresh efforts, Windows upgrades to include hand held scanners and any other ancillary hardware and troubleshoot same.
• Provide support to resolve technical issues that arise during sustainment, maintenance trend analysis, technical issue resolution, interface with OEM, analysis of alternatives and proposing solutions to improve uptime and readiness for installed systems• Perform administration and maintenance of network infrastructure hardware, components and troubleshoot/resolve network connectivity issues as required
• The candidate shall monitor and maintain servers physical and virtual network switches and routers, workstations, Laptops and Multi-function Devices (printers) on the network• Create and maintain documentation of physical and logical connectivity of network devices.
• Respond to incidents elevated from the Enterprise support center and Information Assurance section related to network matters/security incidents and resolve the incidents as directed by the Region N6.
• Ability to coordinate with the Naval Computer and Telecommunications Area Mater Station Atlantic (NCTAMS LANT), Base Communications Office (BCO) and other Government entities to establish fiber optic and copper based connectivity.
• Familiarity with monitoring and maintaining both physical and virtual servers and network switches, routers.
• Familiarity with the installation and maintenance of various fiber optic and copper based inside and outside plant technologies
Education: BS degree.Software Engineer
Working towards the following certifications within one and a half year after assuming duties: Certified Software Development Professional (CSDP) (Previously known as Certified Software Engineering Professional (CSEP)), or with COR approval complete a vendor/platform specific certification (e.g., Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD), Microsoft Certified Applications Developer (MCAD), Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA), Sun Certified Professional (SCP), Red Hat Certification Program (RHCP), CISCO Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Oracle Certified Professional (OCP), other).
Experience: Six (6) years of experience, to include: Systems Analysis, Systems Architecture, Systems/Equipment Support, Test and Evaluation, and Logistics support of C4ISR requirements. Three (3) years of technical experience.
Note: Experience may be concurrent.
DoD Information Assurance certification required for IAT I
Ability to be on call 24x7 if required.
Candidates must be able to obtain or maintain a secret DoD security clearance as a condition of employment.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)
Microsoft Certified Database Administrator
Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (Mcsd)
Microsoft Certified Professional