To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
111 Commerce Street
Smithfield, VA 23430
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Director Financial Planning & Analysis
Smithfield Foods • Smithfield, VA
Posted 2 months ago
Are you a motivated, analytical thinker with a penchant for problem solving and interested in bringing home the BACON? Then you should join us in growing one of America’s top 25 consumer packaged goods companies, Smithfield Foods! The Finance/Accounting team is seeking out driven, detail-oriented, analytical, finance professionals to partner with our business management team to improve the superior financial standing of our $15B company.
As the Senior Director of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) you'll oversee the financial planning and analysis to provide value-added insight into the business and make recommendations to senior management. You'll perform financial forecasting and develop integrated revenue and expense analyses, projections, reports and presentations.Responsibilities
- Lead monthly, quarterly, annual and long-range financial planning processes for domestic operations.
- Conduct financial reporting and analysis to assess and identify the risks and opportunities, develop sales reporting that measures performance which is issues oriented and drives accountability
- Build and maintain strong relationships and connections between our FP&A team and other departments
- Mentoring and training of FP&A staff.
- Collaborate with business units to coordinate timely and accurate closing, budgeting & forecasting cycle.
- Develop meaningful content reporting analytics packages (periodic and ad hoc)
- Analyze monthly results and / or trending data to support the monthly/quarterly estimate, include risk and opportunity assessments
- Establishing and feeding back ROI metrics on content investments
- Influencing management toward impactful and results-oriented decision making
- Exercise strong analytical skills to deliver timely, accurate, and effective analysis and reporting of financial and operational performance
- Continuously seek opportunities for improvement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university and 12+ years relevant experience; required.
- CPA or MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 8+ years’ experience in a position of leadership to include team development and management, required.
- SAP experience required.
- Advanced Excel skills required.
- Ability to articulate detailed financial and analytical concepts to business partners and staff.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and to handle competing priorities effectively.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management combined with excellent customer service skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Responsible for employee supervision of FP&A staff.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.