To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Francisco, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Fund Accountant, Private Equity - SS&C GlobeOp
SS&C Technologies Inc • San Francisco, CA
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
SS&C Technologies Holdings, Inc. is a global provider of financial services software and software-enabled services. Founded in 1986, SS&C has built the most comprehensive powerhouse of software technology in the financial services industry – technology that complements our unrivaled expertise and professionalism in fund administration, insurance and pension funds, and asset and wealth management accounting and operations. Named by Forbes as one of America’s best midsize employers, SS&C has more than 8,500 employees and 11,000 clients worldwide, and is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut, with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa, and Australia.
This position will be based at 580 California Street, San Francisco, CA 94104
Senior Fund Accountant – Private Equity
The senior accountant will be responsible for transaction processing, the proper application of accounting principles to complex transactions, and financial reporting, for our private equity clients.
The senior accountant will be responsible for a broad spectrum of financial and accounting matters affecting our private equity clients. Senior accountants should have a strong background in accounting for alternative investment funds, with a focus on private equity. The senior accountant is responsible for preparing and processing transactions and financial reports, and exercising sound judgment regarding the proper application of accounting principles to complex transactions. Additionally, the senior accountant must have proven client service skills, and the ability to work within a team toward the timely and accurate production of client deliverables.
- Contribute toward a team covering one or more client relationships
- Deliver accurate and timely work product within specified deliverables timelines, and in coordination with the vice president and other team members
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of accounting, specifically with respect to alternative investment funds, with a focus on private equity limited partnerships
- Review all transaction documentation and supporting files, and understand the features of the investment transactions, accruals, etc.
- Prepare work paper files for accuracy and completeness, including capital activity, investment activity, income and expense accruals, valuation adjustments, etc.
- Prepare management fee calculations, including offsetable amounts, management fee waiver contributions, etc.
- Prepare investor allocations and capital account statements
- Prepare capital call and distribution calculations, sources/uses of cash, allocations, and investor notices
- Update distribution waterfall (carried interest) models, in keeping with the applicable fund terms
- Prepare financial statements, notes disclosures, and supporting schedules
- Help manage the year-end audit process, in collaboration with the vice president, client, and auditors
- Handle daily/routine client information requests
- Provide guidance and direction to junior staff on all technical and client-service-related topics
- Where applicable, support the tax team with information to prepare tax compliance/reports
- Support corporate goals and business/departmental initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 2+ years experience in accounting, with a focus on alternative investments funds – private equity experience a plus
- CPA designation a plus
- Knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and other comprehensive basis of accounting, with an emphasis on investment partnerships
- Experience preparing and reviewing general ledgers, work papers and financial statements
- Deadline oriented with ability to complete assigned tasks independently.
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, with advanced Excel skills
- Sungard Investran experience a plus
- Team player
SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan.
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
- Pay Type Salary