To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Tysons, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Director, Innovation Portfolio
CohnReznick LLP • Tysons, VA
Posted 1 month ago
Director, Innovation Portfolio
CohnReznick currently has an exciting career opportunity on our Innovation team. We are in the market for Director level talent to manage our Innovation Portfolio.
If you are:
- A highly dedicated professional with impressive credentials and driven by new challenges and growth opportunities
- A team player who believes in providing world-class client service and interested in becoming immersed in various industries
- Looking for a work environment that values and promotes camaraderie, collaboration and giving back to the community
Look ahead. Imagine more. And consider joining the CohnReznick team.
From our origins in 1919, an innovative and client-centric culture has flourished at CohnReznick. We believe that this mindset defines us in many ways. First, we have an affinity for our clients — we understand your drive. Second, we recognize leadership — talent shapes the direction of the Firm. And third, we view our success as a call to action — a means to improve our communities, promote beneficial legislative policies, and progress the high standards of the accounting profession.
- Our position in the industry is notable. Today we rank among the largest accounting, tax and business advisory firms in the United States.
- With a team of over 3,000 and our extensive footprint in 25 cities with international reach through global subsidiaries and Nexia International, we can effectively mobilize to serve you on a local, regional, national, and international basis.
- The breadth and depth we represent in each of our practice areas can be leveraged on demand to address your enterprise initiatives or to advance distinct opportunities.
This role will provide key strategic Innovation focus through the ownership of portfolio management, in conjunction with process management.
Portfolio management: The Director, Innovation Portfolio will be responsible for maintaining a strategic view of the Innovation Team objectives and ensuring that project and investment requests are aligned with evolving organizational objectives. This individual will oversee portfolio governance management of proposed and in-development projects. They will develop and lead a robust, dynamic portfolio prioritization process that balances risk/return, drives alignment with strategy, and accelerates projects through resource alignment. This position will have primary accountability for the overall portfolio evaluation criteria and assessment process, including the recommendation of resource investment and prioritization decisions to senior leadership.
Process Management: The Director, Innovation Portfolio will define, implement and maintain the Portfolio and Project Framework processes. They will provide governance, training and reporting on the processes. All processes will be continuously analyzed for improvement or reengineering to enable the Innovation Team to meet the changing needs of the Firm.
Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities with, and/or a proven record of success directing efforts including:
- Serving as a project manager in business transformation efforts;
- Building relationships across various functional teams with the acumen to influence leadership and working teams;
- Preparing leadership presentations and executive-level reporting;
- Identifying synergies and providing coordination across a portfolio of strategic initiatives;
- Working in an environment that leverages project management skills, including planning and tracking, issue and risk management, multitasking, team organization and activity prioritization;
- Delivering creative workable solutions/designs under tight timeframes;
- Driving innovation successfully in a large organization;
- Understanding of design and/or user experience principles;
- Providing operations leadership, cultivating design thinking workshops & versight of Firm-wide ideation;
- Leading teams to generate a vision and creating an atmosphere of trust, leveraging diverse views and encouraging improvement and innovation
- Understanding of current and emerging technologies and how other enterprises are employing them to drive innovation;
- Determining Innovation methodologies, including structure, tools, measurements, and scalability;
- Imagining and communicating the possibilities of emerging technologies to technology leaders;
- Creating technology business proposals, design, implementation and production activities for aspects of the portfolio;
- Effectively driving people, process and technology change in a global, dynamic and complex operating environment;
- Balancing business and technical requirements against commercial benefits identifying a thorough foundation to grow and scale solutions;
- Building and motivating a team of highly skilled individuals to encourage thought leadership and challenge the status quo; and,
- Demonstrating successful delivery through an Agile and outcome orientated track record, collaborating with others to identify problems, inefficiencies and areas to improve while designing practical solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years of experience in business operations, business process improvement, analytics, or technology roles
- 10+ years of experience in digital delivery, process development and governance
This position will report to the Chief Innovation Officer. Decisions will be made collaboratively between these two roles.
Connect with us
CohnReznick is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, clients, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include background check and credit check
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at CRaccommodation@cohnreznick.com Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
CohnReznick does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are currently engaged by CohnReznick Talent Acquisition Team by way of a written agreement to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that CohnReznick will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.