To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Pleasant Hill, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Director, Information Technology
Hospice of the East Bay • Pleasant Hill, CA
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Hospice of the East Bay (HEB) is a community-based program of home care for terminally ill patients. Care is given to patients and families by an interdisciplinary group consisting of physicians, registered nurses, home health aides, social workers, spiritual care coordinators, dieticians, pharmacists and patient support volunteers. Bereavement care is provided to the family for one year after the death. Hospice services are given regardless of the ability to pay, making the agency dependent on donations and insurance billing to meet operating expenses.
The IT Director is responsible for the management and reliable operation of network, data center, clinical information systems, telecom systems, desktop, field devices, end user training and end user support for all these functions. The complexity of the environment requires experience with management of infrastructure, enterprise software, assets, vendor/consultant relationships and help desk/support. The IT Director will have budgetary responsibility for the IT Operations and will report to Chief Financial Officer.
• Key role in strategic planning, design and implementation of all agency information systems and their integration with agency processes. Provide researched written recommendations with costs, benefits and suggested priorities.
- Develop and maintain network architecture to meet current and future needs
- Provide IT management and leadership for network, security and IT projects and implementations.
- Provide Telecom design, development, maintenance and management for both PBX system and cell phone fleet.
- Perform and/or supervise administration of servers, databases, network, phone switch, and voicemail.
- Supervise day-to-day desktop support for clinical systems, financial systems, out sourced support systems such as Internet and security systems.
- Set policy and procedures for configuration and maintenance of hardware (desktops, laptops, servers, switches, phones etc.)
- Monitor and maintain HIPAA Security functions and annual review.
- Asset Management of agency information equipment. Includes: determining and writing specifications, research and negotiate with vendors, purchasing, receiving and configuring of information technology equipment and software.
- Lead or oversee information technology projects including development of project plans, budgeting, tracking and implementation.
- Set policy and oversee management of data backup and recovery, virus protection and security.
- Establish procedures for problem reporting, equipment requests, equipment service requests, and desktop support and data center operations.
- Maintain all computer IT documentation including procedures, purchasing information and software & hardware inventory.
- Occasional after hours work and 24/7 availability.
- Responsible for the provision of training for new hire orientation and for updates new additions and projects. Collaborate with Quality and Education and Compliance department to provide clinical training for patient care system.
Must have excellent analytic, interpersonal and communication skills, be a self-starter and able to work independently. Must be process oriented and able to design and implement both technical and administrative procedures to increase efficiencies. Must be able to develop a strong understanding of the hospice healthcare industry through familiarization of state and federal regulations governing hospice agencies, Joint Commission requirements, and the provision of health services in the home and how IT relates to and supports these needs and requirements. Requires the ability to foster a culture that engenders loyalty and employee retention.
Experience and Education
- B.S. preferably in Computer Science, business Administration, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Network Administration and Computer Operations with at least 3 years' experience in managing complex user support and operations organizations either as a Network Manager/Administrator or Computer Operations Manager or both
- Demonstrated knowledge and success in: project management, operations management, developing and negotiating service level agreements, change management and resources scheduling
- MSCE, CNE, A+ certification, Nonprofit, healthcare industry experience, preferred.
- Knowledge of Allscripts/Netsmart Homecare system, CYMA financial, ADP, and Microsoft operating and business systems, preferred.
- Must have strong background in security systems implementation and management, preferred.