Job Title: Server Storage Development Engineer (Server Storage Engineering)
Location: Round Rock,TX (Hybrid)
Duration: initially 12 months, but can be extended to 24 months
DESCRIPTION: The position is for a Development Engineer to work in the Server Storage engineering team. The Server Storage engineering team develops emerging server storage solutions spanning multiple implementations, including Hardware RAID solutions, Software RAID, and PCIe SSD products within DellEMC's Server and Infrastructure Systems organization. The Server Storage organization is closely tied to other development organizations, including the server and storage enclosure platform teams, operating system teams, systems management and mechanical teams.
The Development Technician is responsible for working on special assignments and prototype projects that are moderately complex in nature, where good judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations. The candidate will participate in the coding of development and automation tools and of coding test cases using coding skills such as Python and C++. The candidate will work in a team environment, but will often execute their tasks independently. In addition, they will independently construct, troubleshoot, and test prototype designs as well as assist engineers in test phase of prototype systems. In addition to the coding responsibilities, the candidate may also be involved in testing early development level solution components and assisting to triage issues found during test.
* The candidate will be responsible to help design and code new innovative server storage development and automation tools for various server storage products.
* Perform design verification and characterization on Dell's server storage products.
* Troubleshoot and repair systems to the component level.
* Set up, configure, and test prototype systems and software.
* Perform and design test plans and test cases for the new software.
* Perform functional tests and analyze newly developed systems to ensure operation and reliability.
* Assemble and disassemble prototype systems as necessary.
* Assist other engineers in completing assigned tasks.
* Able to work on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations.
Thanks & Regards,
Sr. Technical Recruiter
- Assembly And Installation
- C++ (Programming Language)
- Infrastructure Management
- Operational Systems
- Problem Solving