To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bartow, FL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Maintenance Permit Coordinator Trainee
CH2M & Jacobs • Bartow, FL
Posted 25 days ago
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our clients local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Our team is experiencing exciting growth within our established practice and we have a need for a new Maintenance Permit Coordinators to join our team. This person will review permits and/or conduct inspections related to permits, maintenance contracts, or construction projects to ensure that contractors or permittees are in accordance with plans, specifications, design standards/standard plans and other governing documents. May perform work related to transportation engineering activities such as laboratory tests, design data collection, construction record-keeping and traffic control inspection. Employee at this level will be trained to perform work independently on assignments; however, all unusual issues are referred to the supervisor.
- Ensure utility permits comply with department procedures, process and administer proper documentation, resolve conflicts and deficiencies, and conduct field inspections of permitted sites to ensure work is done safely and in accordance with the permit requirements.
- Provides technical assistance and information regarding FDOT requirements to engineers and contractors.
- Responsible for processing, administering and inspecting access management connections, such as collecting access management fees and coordinating with access management in processing applications, utility installations, house moving permits and miscellaneous permits.
- Assists with the review of engineering plans and specifications.
- Ensures that access management work is consistent with guidelines established by the access management office, thereby ensuring uniformity of the application of pertinent statutes, rules and procedures in District One.
- Enters necessary data for contracts or permits into department computer system.
- Prepares records and reports and other related documents for work that is completed, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for field inspection, both improvements and related development activities.
- Requires travelling to ongoing job sites. Performs as required lane closure analysis for projects.
- Attends meetings with county officials, developers, consultant engineers and architects relevant to development and which may have an impact on state highways. Represents the department at pre-construction and pre-work conferences. Responds to questions and complaints in a timely manner.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- At least 4 years of experience in Permit Inspection, Roadway Construction Inspection, and or Permit or Plans review. A Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineer may substitute for required experience.
- Will be required to obtain and maintain FDOT Inspection Certifications (as required by Supervisor) and Advanced MOT
- Required to have and maintain a satisfactory driving record
- Ability to move up to 50 pounds is required
- Ability to effectively follow instructions; deal effectively with contractors and public.
- Ability to read and interpret roadway, structure, and bridge plans and specifications.
- Some knowledge of construction including material, methods, plans and specifications, and associated safety requirements.
- Perform calculations using algebra, trigonometry and geometry.
- Able and willing to work day or night shifts and/or flexible schedules including weekends as required to support the project requirements including locations throughout FDOT District 1 and 7 (primary will be District 1)
- Work under exposure to inclement weather conditions.
- Personal computers and applicable programs. Must be highly skilled at various computer software with the ability to learn new.
- Must be able to look at the details, highly organized, and able meet time line requirements
- Promotes and maintains a safe working environment
- Permit Coordinator experience is not required but is a plus.
If you have the above listed skills or requirements, professional, work well with others, make a favorable impression with all you work with, and want to learn a new skill which involves both in office and some in the field work, then you need to apply now.
We are looking for the best candidate to fulfill this exciting opportunity, and that may be you.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit web address removed>