UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Government Programs is undergoing a transformational five-year claims modernization effort, building and transitioning to a service oriented/component-based claims platform The selected candidate will be a key leader in helping to lead capability/set of initiatives according to the Claims Platform Modernization roadmap.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead program/Claims initiatives under the Claims Modernization program
- Responsible for delivery of the capability/program
- Ensure alignment and understanding of program/project scope and objectives with the organization's strategic objectives, in consultation with applicable stakeholders
- Coordinate with SMEs to address task sequencing and to help obtain information necessary to each team
- Facilitate and manage workgroups, enabling a culture of collaboration, trust and disciplined accomplishment of tasks and target dates
- Establish, develop and maintain effective relationships with applicable project stakeholders including but not limited to project team members, delegated entity teams, internal customers, functional SMEs, business partners, leadership
- Document and groom business requirements/solution capabilities for projects requiring technology changes, with ability to elicit, understand and articulate customer needs
- Primary to work with Architects on solution intent
- Act as a resource for others; readily shares knowledge
- Ensure operations is protected e.g. drives solutions that do not require significant adds to staffing, influences direction away from approaches and strategies that Operations cannot administer
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of project management, business analysis and or product management experience within medical claims or payment operations
- Prior experience with COSMOS, NICE, CSP Facets or other medical claims system platforms
- Demonstrated experience with process improvement, workflow, benchmarking and / or evaluation of business processes
- Demonstrated experience in gathering and evaluating requirements and also writing and translating business requirements
- Intermediate level of experience with Microsoft Office products, such as Excel or Visio
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Health Administration, or related field
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Experience working directly with senior level business stakeholders
- Knowledge of how to execute on project deliverables in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to develop strong networks and ensure collaboration and consensus building
- Ability to communicate complex issues to diverse audiences
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 10 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Claims Capability Manager, Healthcare Claims Program manager, Healthcare Claims project Manager, healthcare claims product manager, Agile, COSMOS, NICE, CSP Facets or other medical claims system platforms , Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote