To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide leadership and overall management of the Technical Communications Group and staff across SP Industries locations worldwide.
- Manage product documentation delivery cycle for the on-time development of all customer facing and internal documentation to support company products through all stages of development.
- Manage the technical writing team within the Technical Communications Group in the creation and maintenance of user and customer validation documentation supporting product development.
- Works with cross-functional team to ensure on-time delivery of quality product documentation. Also the manager drives and leads the aspect of continuous improvement for evolving technical writing and publishing tools, and the deployment of a component content management system.
- Development, delivery and maintenance of all technical documentation through the use of proper tracking/revision control for the entire organization.
- Responsible for the production and management of FVT,FAT, product Validation documents to FDA, GMP and SP Scientific requirements, Training Materials, User Guides, Reference Guides, Release and Application Notes, Technical Bulletins, Hardware, Safety & Installation Guides, FAQ’s and any other technical documentation that is required in support of SP Scientific internal and external customer base.
- Responsible for the integrated documentation development and review process companywide a focus on improving the speed, information — sharing and quality of final documentation delivery.
- Plan, schedule, assigns, reviews work and performance of the team, provide guidance to the technical writing team to meet schedules and resolve technical problems.
- Manage the coordination of team activities and is responsible for results, costs, budget inputs, methods and staffing.
MOTIVATES & COMMUNICATES
- Maintains good working relationship with company members, channel partners, and customers.
- Communicates improvements, opportunities, new product ideas, competitive activities, and obstacles on an as needed basis through supervisor.
PROFESSIONALISM & INTEGRITY
- Work to enhance a professional and dignified image in all contact and communication with SP Industries' personnel, channel partners and customers.
- Maintain professional integrity in all work-related situations.
- Continually take steps to develop and improve personal skills and knowledge, beyond what is provided or required.
- Aptitude for understanding technology and engineering; identifying and solving mechanical problems.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Project management competency and ability to properly manage time.
- Ability to work with a team and across departments.
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Excellent communication skills.
- Willingness to travel between SP facilities as needed
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Journalism, English, Communications, Technical Communications, Engineering and/or Science-related discipline with an emphasis on technical and/or process documentation or equivalent years of relevant experience. (Technical writing experience for pharmaceutical or biotechnology products preferred.)
- Five (5) year’s experience writing technical and/or similar documentation for life sciences, particularly related to qualification & validation.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS REASONING ABILITY
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Numerical and general reasoning abilities.
- Ability to read and use measuring instruments, graphs, charts and tables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
EEO and Affirmative Action Statement:
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid Passport
SP is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis and takes affirmative action to ensure equal employment opportunities. It is our policy to provide our employees and applicants with equal employment opportunities in accordance with applicable laws and not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, marital status, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, genetic information, political belief, pregnancy, citizenship, handicap or disability, status as a veteran or member of the U.S. military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SP's Affirmative Action Plan is available through the HR Department and may be accessed during normal business hours.Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision:
SP will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.