UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This position will lead the health coordination team overseeing day-to-day clinical operations and health plan clinical initiatives to support achieving quality and affordability targets. This manager will manage a program or region, including process improvement, execution of clinical decision processes, team management, including performance management and implementation of program initiatives.
This is a work from home position but you must live in or near Hilo, HI.
- Lead and manage regional health coordination management teams comprised of RNs, Social workers, Community Health Workers and other health coordination team members
- Hire, develop and coach health coordination management team members to set team direction, resolve issues, monitor adherence to state and federal contract requirements and provide guidance to team members
- Identify, select, structure and prioritize process improvement projects, ultimately implementing changes to meet program requirements
- Investigate non-standard requests and problems to make recommendations to leadership
- Acts as interface with functional teams and partners to coordinate workflow processes and implementation plans
- Review data and facts to identify and solve issues, mitigate risks, prioritize teams’ workloads, and assign direction for ad hoc projects needed
- Carry member case load as needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current, unrestricted, independent licensure as a Registered Nurse or Social Worker
- 5+ years of Clinical Experience
- 1+ years of experience with the LTSS population
- Leadership experience (e.g., Review work of others, Serve as an expert in their field, Serve as a mentor and leader, Lead functional or segment teams or projects, Motivate and inspire team members)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix organization
- Experience with Medicaid and Medicare populations
- Demonstrated knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid benefits
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Master's degree in nursing, social work, counseling or other related clinical field
- Experience working in Managed Care
- Experience working with SDOH population
- Possess a strong work ethic
- Ability to listen skillfully, collect relevant information, build rapport and respond to customers in a compassionate manner
- Ability to adapt to change in the workplace
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Ability to interact with internal and external customers in a corporate environment
- Must possess a positive and motivated attitude
- Willingness to adapt to multiple external environments and settings
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Ability to transition from office to field locations multiple times a day
- Must possess transportation to visit clients in various locations
- Ability to travel varied distances and multiple locations/terrains to visit assigned client locations
- Ability to carry equipment to and from field locations needed for face to face member visits (ex. laptop, stethoscope, blood pressure cuff, etc.)
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Manager, Management, manage, HSS Manager, Health and Social Services, health coordination, health coordination manager, Care Management, Case Management, Honolulu, HI, Hawaii, Telecommute, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote