SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Provides friendly and efficient service to guests according to company policies, procedures, programs and performance standards. Performs all duties to maximize guest satisfaction and a quality work environment as directed by General Manager or Manager on Duty.POSITION ACTIVITIES AND TASKS:
- Reports to work well groomed, in proper and clean uniform and practices good personal hygiene.
- Uses greeting, seating, and waiting list procedures.
- Maintains cleanliness standards and stocks for the reception area and restrooms.
- Accurately processes all guest checks with no cash overages or shortages.
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
- Provides assistance to pantry maintenance and pre-rush organization.
- Provides assistance to all servers and bus persons in order to execute Perkins service standards.
- Utilizes proper cash handling procedures to execute cash and non-cash transactions, counting change, security precautions, and cash accountability.
- Ensures that the cash register and cash register area are stocked with all needed items.
- Communicates with Manager on Duty and co-workers regarding product/service deficiencies, equipment, safety problems, etc.
- Monitors and oversees food temperatures during hot and cold handling to reduce the incidence of risk factors known to cause food borne illness.
- Has sufficient knowledge of menu to execute suggestive selling techniques with all guests.
- Maintains cleanliness of bakery cases and restocks.
- Has sufficient knowledge of bakery products to execute suggestive selling techniques and sampling programs with all guests.
- Bags/boxes any products according to standards.
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility.
- Must be able to work under heavy stress/pressure during peak times.
- Must be able to communicate with guests.
- Requires occasional reaching, bending, pushing and pulling.
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold and odors.
- Requires continual standing and walking.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIRED:
- Receives direction and training from the General Manager as to specific procedures and assignments.
- Basic skills such as sanitation, safety, and customer service can be taught through in-house training.
CareerBuilder Estimated Location
This location is an estimate based on the employer name and the contents and location of the role. As it is an estimate, please use this as a guideline only and confirm the exact details before the interview stage.
See the next step in your career
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: J3N4SD6VFW1NQD7MPGZ
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.