Why We Need Your Talents:
Junior buyers are entry-level positions. They're responsible for sourcing and purchasing products from vendors, suppliers, or manufacturers on behalf of their company and are a support to the buyers.
Where You'll Make an Impact:
* Analyzing market trends to help create and implement strategies that drive sales growth
* Negotiating prices and terms of sale with suppliers and manufacturers
* Reviewing bids received from suppliers to ensure they meet the company's standards for quality and price
* Scheduling deliveries of inventory to ensure that items are received on time
* Coordinating with vendors to ensure that orders are delivered on time and within budget
* Researching new suppliers to find competitive rates for new products or services
* Compiling reports on sales figures, inventory levels, and other business metrics for use in future planning
* Following protocol for processing orders and invoices
* Determining whether orders meet specifications for color, style, size, and other requirements
* Any other responsibilities/job duties as assigned
Skills to Help You Succeed:
* Negotiation:Negotiation is the ability to persuade others to agree with your ideas. Buyers often use negotiation skills to convince suppliers to offer them the best prices on products. You can also use negotiation skills to convince suppliers to provide you with samples of products you may not have budgeted for.
* Communication:Communication is the act of exchanging information with others. Buyers often communicate with suppliers, managers and other employees to discuss product information, pricing and other details. Effective communication can help you build relationships with others and complete tasks efficiently.
* Research:Junior buyers need to be able to research products and services to find the best deals. This can include researching the company's history, the product's history and the company's reputation. It can also include researching the product's production and distribution processes to ensure the company is providing the best product at the best price.
* Organization:Junior buyers need to be organized to ensure they complete all of their tasks on time. They should be able to prioritize their tasks and manage their time wisely to ensure they complete all of their responsibilities. Organization also helps junior buyers to be prepared for meetings and presentations, which can help them to be successful in their careers.
* Strategic thinking:Strategic thinking is the ability to identify a problem, develop a solution and implement the solution to achieve a goal. Junior buyers often use strategic thinking to develop a plan for their company's purchasing needs. They may research the market to find suppliers that can offer the best prices for the products the company needs. They may also develop a plan for how to negotiate with suppliers to get the best deals.
A Few Must Haves:
* Entry level position
* A high school diploma or GED equivalent.
* Purchasing experience preferred.
* Effective communication skills; organization skills
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid gaming license as determined by the Maryland Lottery Gaming & Control Agency for the position.
Perks We Offer You:
* Comprehensive health coverage for full-time and part-time Team Members and their eligible dependents
* Generous retirement savings options are available.
* Free uniforms
* Free parking
* Discounted meals
* Service and Attendance bonuses
* Tuition reimbursement
* Discounts on hotels, theme parks, travel, and more!
* Able to sit for long periods of time.
* Ability to stand, walk, bend, stoop, lift and reach.
* Ability to work long and varied hours and on shifts, weekends, holidays and special events as needed.
* Must be able to read, speak and effectively communicate ideas in English. Must be able to think analytically, have basic math skills and be able to read and interpret spreadsheets.
* Ability to make independent decisions and recommendations
Life at Live!
* 24/7 high energy casino with a culture committed to fairness, teamwork, and most importantly FUN.
* Exposed to alcohol, cigarette and cigar smoke, bright lights, and loud noises.
* You will work in an environment where smoking is allowed.
* It is a condition of employment that all new hires who receive job offers after Dec 4, 2021 be fully vaccinated against COVID 19. (A booster shot is not required.). A copy of your COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card, or medical certification from your physician, will be required on your first day of employment. Live! Casino will make reasonable accommodations for disability or sincerely-held religious beliefs.
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Market Trend