To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Tacoma, WA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Licensed Behavioral Care Advocate Telecommute in King or Snohomish Washington
UnitedHealth Group • Tacoma, WA
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
You have high standards. So do we. Here at UnitedHealth Group, this includes offering an innovative new standard for care management. It goes beyond counseling services and verified referrals to programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. That means you'll have an opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale - as part of an incredible team culture that's defining the future of behavioral health care.
The schedule for this position is Monday - Friday during normal business hours.
The overall purpose of the Behavioral Health Care Advocate role is to help individuals live their lives to the fullest by promoting recovery and resiliency via coordination and collaboration with multiple internal and external partners including consumers and their families/caregivers, medical, behavioral health and clinical network teams.
Behavioral Health Care Advocates work with complex and high-risk needs with a goal of engaging the consumer in the treatment process, decreasing their reliance on higher levels of care, helping them to access appropriate community services, and assisting them in improving community tenure. BHCAs work to increase stabilization and help consumers to improve life satisfaction.
If you are located in Seattle, WA area, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Utilize advanced clinical skills to engage and motivate Consumers via a recovery, health and wellness - oriented approach
- Assist consumers and their families/caregivers with connections to appropriate psychiatric, medical, and psychosocial referrals and services
- Identify and remove barriers to procurement, delivery, participation in and success of services
- Provide supportive follow - up, monitoring and education as indicated
- Meet with consumers in - person at facilities, provider offices, and in homes as appropriate for market
- Establish and foster positive relationships with medical team, participate in medical - behavioral integration activities and discussions
- Identify high - risk, co - morbid needs of consumers
- Accept referrals via designated processes, collaborate in evaluating available services, and coordinate necessary psychiatric and community referrals as needed
- Contribute to treatment plan discussions; routinely attend clinical rounds and other meetings with medical partner or external entities when applicable
- Coordinate a seamless transition for consumers from an inpatient setting to community based services
- Coalesce BHCA role and relationships within context of established Care Advocacy Operating Model and customer/contractual requirements; collaborate early and frequently with other teams in the management of cases stratified as having intensive, complex, and high - risk needs
- Participate jointly in rounds, discussions, supervision and staffing
- Assist in the development of a relevant and consumer - specific aftercare plan
- Comply with all policies, procedures and documentation standards in appropriate systems, tracking mechanisms and databases
- For specific markets, conduct focused facility-based or outpatient clinical utilization review activities
- Establish a cooperative relationship with Optum Behavioral Network Services and the Provider community in order to improve access to services and ensure that consumers are served within proper standards of care
- Identify new programs, services and gaps in market; share information with network teams
- Maintain knowledge of provider availability and barriers to access
- Collaborate with providers to determine acuity of mental health concerns, barriers and progress; coordinate appropriate services
- Conduct provider networking visits or attend consumer care conferences as determined by market
- Attend state, professional and association and conference call meetings as needed
- Other activities as assigned, including but not limited to:
- Partnership with Account Management and Sales departments to provide best level of customer service to market accounts
- Participate in committees, educational opportunities and training
- Maintain approved workload
You'll find the pace fast and the challenges ongoing. We'll expect you to achieve and document measurable results. You'll also need to think and act quickly while working with a diverse member population.
- Licensed Master's degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or Marriage or Family Counseling, or Licensed Ph.D., or an RN with 2 or more years of experience in behavioral health. Licenses must be active and unrestricted
- 2+ years of experience in a related mental health environment working in the local community
- Demonstrated ability to use a PC in a Windows environment, including email and Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to travel in the field in the greater Seattle, WA or Pierce area if needed
- Must reside in the greater Seattle, WA area
- Medical/Behavioral setting experience (i.e. hospital, managed care organization, or joint medical/behavioral outpatient practice)
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Experience working in an environment that required coordination of benefits and utilization of multiple groups and resources for patients
- Experience working with low-income populations
- Experience working with the aged, blind or disabled
- Clinical training experience
- Managed care and utilization management experience a plus
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Strong team player and team building skills
- Able to function independently and responsibly with minimal supervision
- Maintain direct and open communication with all levels of the organization
- Able to handle sensitive issues with peer, members and providers in a confidential manner
- Demonstrate initiative in achieving individual, team, and organizational goals and objectives
- Ability and flexibility to assume responsibilities and tasks in a constantly changing work environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills - specifically telephone skills
Discover a diversified health services and innovation company where data, technology, people and action combine to make great things happen every day and where every day is another opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Mental Health, LPC, LPCC, LSW, LCSW, Psychologist, Counseling, psychiatric, telecommute, care advocate, Counselor, Seattle, Pierce, Washington, Squamish, King County, WA