The Medical Assistant is part of the person-centered integrated care team and establishes and maintains effective, professional working relationships with patients and their representatives and with medical staff. The Medical Assistant upholds all guidelines set forth in the clinic, maintains strict patient confidentiality, accepts and upholds patient service and satisfaction and assists practitioners and physicians in delivering health care services.
This position is also open to individuals with LPN certification.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – JOB SPECIFIC
• Prepare patients for examination and treatment. Take patient’s histories, vital signs, and document in patient chart.
• Prepare exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments and supplies.
• Perform venipunctures, urinalysis, EKGs and other procedures as directed.
• Administer immunizations and other injections
• Phone in patient prescriptions and document accordingly
• Provide patient education and instruction
• Prepare and maintain supplies and equipment, including sterilization
• Assist physicians/nurse practitioners in preparing for minor surgeries and physicals
• Assist with the scheduling of tests and treatments
• Screen telephone callers for appropriate referral, relay messages and documents accordingly
• Maintain patients’ files, records, and other information
• Adhere to standard precautions, as appropriate, i.e., use protective barriers, handle and dispose infectious waste appropriately, proper hand washing
• Follow CLIA and OSHA regulations
• Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of unit facilities and equipment
• Monitor supply of medical stock, medical supplies, and laboratory needs or order supplies when necessary.
• Attend all training as required by Compass Health, Accreditors and Funders.
• Meet standards of professional ethical conduct
• Additional duties as assigned to meet clinic needs
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/CORE COMPETENCIES – COMPANY WIDE
• Regularly attends work except for approved absences
• Attends all training as required
• Maintain professional, “champion” behavior
• Provides quality customer service
• Provides services with a commitment to service excellence
• Works in a way that exhibits a commitment to personal excellence
• Team oriented and values diversity
WORKING CONDITIONS & EXPOSURE RISK
• Regular exposure to blood and/or body fluids
• Regular exposure to biohazard waste materials
• High School/GED required
• Associate degree or LPN preferred
• At least two (2) years experience in a medical office setting, or as a licensed practical nurse in providing medical nursing treatment to individuals treated in a primary health care setting
• Experience and efficiency with healthcare technology software preferred
• CPR certification required
• MA certification or LPN preferred
Compass Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an E-Verify participant.