Job Summary: Reporting to the General Manager or designated manager, secure all gates, checking all incoming and outgoing vehicles for proper authority to enter or exit. Ensure all personnel entering the facility have proper authority and to secure and monitor entire auction facility after business hours in accordance with corporate and security guidelines policies and procedures. Perform all duties assigned by the General Manager or designated manager. Must know, practice and ensure that company policies and procedures and state or federal laws are followed at all times.
Part-Time - Night Shift
Monday 5pm - Midnight
Friday 5pm - Saturday 7am
Security Guard – Specific Responsibilities and Skills include but are not limited to the following:
1. Provide prompt and courteous service:
a. Demonstrate friendliness and greet every customer as they enter and participate at the sale.
b. Maintain a professional appearance and a neat work environment consistent with the company policy.
c. Make sure customers receive prompt, efficient and courteous attention for all contacts and transactions.
d. Ensure the proper releases; verifying the transporter and/or customers documents.
2. Receive vehicles for auction. Checking in units.
a. Document correct account/customer.
b. Sign & date all incoming documents.
c. Move units to correct check-in lane.
d. Assign beacons to units upon arrival.
e. Securing Personal Property.
3. Inspect the fence line for indications of unauthorized entry or potential security risks.
4. Insure the offices, auction building and grounds are secured at established times. Note any security, safety or fire hazards.
5. Watch for and report irregularities, such as fire hazards, leaking water pipes and security doors left unlocked.
6. Secure gates at established times and patrol auction property. Check for unlocked doors. Maintain radio contact with the main gate.
7. Warn violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles and apprehend or expel miscreants.
8. Sound alarm or call police or fire department by telephone in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
9. Permit authorized persons to enter property. Observes departing personnel to guard against theft of company property.
10. Practice and promote teamwork at all times. Set a good personal example of attitude and performance.
11. Ensure proper follow-through on all directives, bulletins, schedules and accounting from the General Manager or designated manager or other corporate sources. Maintain a good flow of communication with other auction personnel.
12. Recommend new customer services and procedures to the General Manager or designated manager.
13. Monitor and control all facility conditions, vehicles, property and equipment within corporate standards for security and safety purposes.
14. Advise General Manager or designated manager and Maintenance of all breakdowns and maintenance needs immediately. Ensure good routine preventative maintenance.
15. Make sure that area conditions do not threaten employee or customer safety. Respond to and follow proper procedures on employee and customer accidents, injuries and loss or damage to any property. Report all incidents to the Lot Manager immediately. Practice proper loss prevention and reaction procedures. Report all incidents properly and immediately.
16. Account for and identify all keys, codes or other safety or security information.
17. Maintain a current list of emergency and Management phone numbers.
Security Guard – Qualifications:
• Prefer High School Diploma or GED.
• One (1) year of security experience preferred.
• EMS (Emergency Medical Services) Certification required.
• Must have ability to work various shifts, weekends and/or nights.
• Must be qualified to operate a motor vehicle (automatic and standard).
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
• Basic computer skills required.
Certified First Responder