Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer and Small Business Banking (CSBB) provides financial services to 21 million retail bank households and three million small business customers through approximately 4,900 retail branches, 17 customer service centers, and approximately 13,000 ATMs in 36 states and the District of Columbia. We serve and help individuals and families in many aspects of their lives, helping them buy homes, open first bank and savings accounts, buy cars to get to and from work or school, and start or grow small businesses. CSBB is focused on innovating and transforming with the customer at the center, better enabling customers to engage with us how, when, and wherever they choose. As an industry leader in many consumer and small business areas – including retail deposits, debit card transaction and purchase volume, and small business lending – our primary goal is delivering for our customers.
Consumer Data and Engagement Platforms works across the CSBB, Consumer Lending, and Wealth and Investment Management lines of business to develop coordinated strategies for growth in each of Wells Fargo’s customer segments. The team is responsible for designing seamless, engaging customer experiences across products and channels, and building the next-generation digital, data and analytics, and functional capabilities required to deliver toward these objectives.
The Consumer Data and Engagement Platforms (CDEP) group harnesses the collective capabilities of our Marketing teams, sales and financial health platforms, and data and analytics assets to support Consumer Banking growth through improved customer engagement.
Functioning as the strategic and operational nexus of the CDEP organization, the Business Architecture team knits together the Consumer Banking segments, ensuring synergistic operating models, processes, investments, and policies, and connecting each segment to centralized customer engagement capabilities, including data and analytics, marketing, and IT.
Critically, the Business Architecture team ensures that all customer engagement capabilities are integrated across Consumer Banking segments. Given that our capabilities include both legacy and new infrastructure and that we collaborate across seven distinct CIO functions, building integration is a complex, analytical task.
The Business Architecture team is accountable for collaborating with leaders within and beyond the CDEP function to transform the strategies, capabilities, systems, and processes needed to deliver top- and bottom-line results.
Our Consumer Banking business partners rely on us to design synergies, integration, and risk mitigation into cross-segment systems, processes, and operating models. The capabilities we manage have material profit, operating expense, and risk management impact, emphasizing the urgency of our mandate.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• As a Business Architect, you will work in small, cross-functional teams to design, implement, and ensure the sustainability of new operational models that enable better customer experience and business outcomes.
• You will manage large-scale projects, in which you’ll handle complex analyses, metrics tracking, preparation of leadership communications to report progress, and facilitation of working sessions with front-line business and technology leaders.
• You will collaborate directly with client teams to translate strategic visions into business outcomes through implementation of recommended design solutions.
A top candidate will value high-quality work with attention to detail and have a track record for delivering both. The candidate will combine analysis and curiosity to dissect complex problems into root cause. The candidate will have demonstrated experience in effectively interacting with people across all levels and functions.
Location: Preferred work locations indicated in job posting. Open to considering other locations in the Wells Fargo footprint.
Salary range is determined by the location of the job
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
IA-West Des Moines: Min: $95,600 Mid: $136,500 Max: $177,500
NC-Charlotte: Min: $95,600 Mid: $136,500 Max: $177,500
NY-New York: Min: $114,700 Mid: $163,800 Max: $212,900
DE-Wilmington: Min: $105,100 Mid: $150,200 Max: $195,200
MN-Minneapolis: Min: $95,600 Mid: $136,500 Max: $177,500
May be considered for a discretionary bonus
Please Note: Depending on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo Bank.Required Qualifications
- 5+ years of strategic planning experience
- 2+ years of financial industry experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- 2+ years of information technology experience
- Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint skills
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Program management experience
- Strong relationship management skills
- Ability to lead and operate collaboratively, execution focused, and results oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience developing and executing communication strategies by collaborating with large, matrixed teams
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to articulate complex material to a diverse audience
- Ability to prepare and present senior level communications
- Technical and business architecture experience
- Ability to lead during times of ambiguity and change
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.Benefits Summary
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Strategic Transformation and Business Architecture for benefits information.
- Information Technology
- Interpersonal Skills