Due to new Customer Partnerships we are growing and expanding our business and as a result, we are looking for new talent to join our team!
The Maines Paper & Food Service Territory Manager (TM) position is an outside field sales representative with an assigned geography and set of customers and prospects. The TM is responsible for establishing new customers with in the geography, growing Maines business at existing customers and retaining the existing customers. The TM is responsible for sales, gross profit on sales, sales service, and collections. The TM is the primary Maines relationship role with the customer and therefore must conduct themselves professionally, courteously, and responsibly in all manners of representing Maines in public. The role compensation is 100% commission with a subsidized training period.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provide sales service to assigned customers, including but not limited to, taking sales orders, sales order QC, accounts receivable collections, and general business administration.
* Adhere to sales processes and professional sales service techniques.
* Conduct product cuttings with customers in compliance with Maines sampling and product handling policy.
* Executes assigned leads or opportunities for cross selling, up selling, and other marketing campaigns.
* Assist in the promotion of and service of customers utilizing self-service platforms such as web based order entry, ACH payments, and other mobile platforms (for ordering, paying, nutritionals, etc).
* Handle customer complaints to a satisfactory disposition and record and report appropriately.
* Assist in communications to customers on delivery schedule changes or interruptions due to holidays, weather or other business needs.
* Conduct surveys with customers.
* Maintain accurate customer account and contact information in system of record (CRM) as required.
* Cover other Territory Manager accounts as required.
* Physically visits customers on a regular basis. A customer that orders weekly should be visited weekly.
* Execute business development and sales cycle strategies and notes progress in system of record as required (CRM).
* Works productively and professionally with sales support teams such as Inside Sales, Logistics, IT, Purchasing, Marketing, Accounts Receivable, and Transportation, etc.
* Timely follow up on all leads, requests, and service issues.
* Investigates and resolves customer complaints. Reports any deficiencies that cannot be resolved to the Regional Manager
* Maintains accurate order guides for customers.
* Maintains prompt collections and adheres to the policies of handling of company money.
* Professionally represents and enforces company accounts receivables policies.
* Adheres to all food safety regulations including but not limited to use of thermometers, maintaining the cold chain of products under your control, and any regulatory or company policies.
* Utilize CRM to create and monitor leads, opportunities, and sales pipeline activities as assigned.
* Attend all assigned corporate, district, region, or training meetings. Any absences must have prior written approval and be in compliance with the sales meeting attendance policy.
* Manufacturer, broker, and specialist "Work-With Days" are a requirement of this position. Any cancellations must be approved in writing by the Regional Manager.
* Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, and SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the qualifications, knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must possess strong communication skills using all media including but not limited to email, phone and written forms. Must be able to speak effectively with customers, associates, and management. Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite (excel, word, powerpoint), Maines Power Sell & Power Net, SAP ECC or related. Ability to read and interpret documents such as sales reports, invoice documents, pricing documents, and procedure manuals. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associate's degree with a minimum of one (1) year experience in inside sales, or related role; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of restaurant operations. Food industry sales experience preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to walk, use hands and fingers, handle objects or controls, talk and hear, stand, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. This position travels regularly and will be exposed to normal driving conditions. The position requires overnight travel on occasion. The position requires frequent exit and entry of a vehicle and conducting sales calls in busy restaurant kitchens and production areas. This position requires you to have a valid drivers license. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
* Company Paid Life Insurance
* Dental Insurance
* Medical Insurance
* Vision Insurance
* Referral Bonus
* Direct Deposit
* Educational Reimbursement
* Excellent Advancement Opportunities
If you're looking for challenge, growth, and genuine job satisfaction, then look to Maines!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled