To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Los Angeles, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Levy • Los Angeles, CA
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
LOCATION: Los Angeles, CA - Los Angeles Convention Center
Conventions don't have to be conventional. Our access to notable landmarks and out team of culinary and hospitality experts make business meetings and social gatherings extraordinary from the first bite to the last.
Who are we?
We are Levy Convention Centers. We are passionate restaurateurs who combine our devotion for the details, unbridled creativity and commitment to culture to deliver experiences worth celebrating.
We are Passionate: We're all in whatever we do. Whether we're serving dinner for thought leaders at a global conference, analyzing data to optimize pricing or inspiring our new managers at on-boarding, our love for the craft is the heart and soul of Levy Convention Center. We never stop dreaming or making it happen and we are proud to tell that story.
We are Innovative: We proudly claim the title of original industry disrupters. We push ourselves to use the best of our left brain and our right brain. Through our balanced approach, we influence what's next, what's best, and what's different, giving every partner, team member and guest the opportunity to be part of what's around the corner.
We are Experiential: Memorable experiences are about the thoughtful anticipation of all parts of the sum. For every last detail, we focus on all five senses - what you see, smell, touch, hear and taste. Because at the end of the day, whether it's a casual dinner at Walt Disney World or a flawless business meeting, the best memories are mad of the little things that matter.
We are Nice: We live by the Golden Rule. While important, business acumen, hospitality expertise, ingenuity and excellent work ethic cannot and will not replace the value of being nice.
To learn more about Levy visit us at www.levyrestaurants.com.
The Role of General Manager
As a General Manager you are responsible for leading your location team members in the execution of exceptional business standards with regard to operations, human resources and financials. By serving as the location business leader you are the hospitality driver, retention owner and team inspirer. You will develop and maintain strong relationships with your clients, team members and Home Office team. It is imperative that you instill the appropriate blend of client and Levy Restaurants culture and business philosophies to create outstanding morale and productivity.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Has strong attention to detail
- Responsible for guest experience in the building
- Holds team accountable to steps of service to deliver great guest service
- Ensures team members have the tools necessary to complete their jobs
- Ensures show quality standards are maintained at all times
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with guests, subcontractors, not-for-profits and Levy Restaurants team members
- Regularly obtains feedback from guests to improve operations
- Supports and communicates Company initiatives
- Respond and assist in any departmental guest service issues
- Develops and recommends all menus, promotions and programs in accordance with Levy Restaurants standards
- Ensures that daily walkthroughs are being conducted in both FOH and BOH for every event
- Ensures all operations comply with concept clarity statement
- Creates and executes marketing plan to build sales
- Creates and oversee completion of location business (MAP) objectives
- Primary contact for most senior client representative and maintains a strong relationship with operations client/partner team
- Strives to anticipate and fulfill clear client/partner needs to ensure long-term contract stability and business growth
- Executes primary relationship with business and key revenue client/partners
- Holds and documents weekly meetings with client/partner with the goal to be informational, fact finding, idea generating and problem solving in an effort to regularly obtain feedback from clients to improve operations
- Attends client staff meetings on a regular basis
- Acts as a liaison with team, including partner's operational team, Levy Restaurants team and other areas as needed to ensure efficient operational performance
- With input from the General Manager and under VP/RVP direction, prepares and participates in formal annual client presentations reviewing year-end and look-forward for each business within Region
- Achieves daily sales and assigned cost goals
- Implements cost controls as needed to achieve positive financial results
- Buyoff on weekly/biweekly forecast from Controller
- Owner of location P&L and PBITDAR expectations
- Achieves assigned budget goals
- Oversees execution of required daily reporting
- Oversees completion of required department reports and compiles month end reporting
- Develops budget to deliver profit and service goals, as well as meeting partner expectations
- In conjunction with the General Manager, reviews financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement
- Thoroughly and accurately uses applicable Levy systems (BOSS, Point-of-sale, WFM and more)
- Ensures that all security, safety and sanitation standards are achieved
- Employs good safety and sanitation practices
- Follows and enforces responsible alcohol service policies
- Ensures team members adhere to Levy Restaurants Company guidelines as stated in team member training manual and employee handbook
- Oversees control of all inventories, product cost, cash handling and purchasing
Leadership and Internal Relationship Building
- Uses all performance management tools, including development plans, to provide guidance and feedback to team
- Uses engagement strategies to recognize, motivate and celebrate individuals and teams delivering outstanding performance throughout location
- Creates the vision of the location by sharing stories and history with team members, managers, guest and client/partner
- Promotes a cooperative work climate, maximizing productivity and morale
- Utilizes new leader transition sessions to ensure success with managers a few months after taking on new roles
- Conducts weekly one on ones with direct reports, controller, purchasing manager and human resources
- Conducts regular scheduled meetings to ensure lines of communication are open between management and team members
- Conducts bi-annual FAP (Feedback and Action Planning) sessions with management team to assess how things are going from a higher level and work on continuously improving the business and work environment
- Interviews, hires, trains and develops team members according to Levy Restaurants guidelines
- Displays a positive attitude towards team members
- Mentors department managers to develop their skills and leadership abilities
- Able to communicate effectively with management team, guests and team members.
- English reading, writing, math and computer skills required
- Ability to taste and evaluate food and beverage products
- Stamina to work 60 hours or more per week
- Must be able to work extended shifts of 10 hours or more as business dictates
- Must be flexible with schedule and able to work different shifts
- Possible job hazards include, but are not limited to; slips, trips, falls, burns, cuts and strains
- Must be able to reach, lift, stoop, bend and perform extensive standing and walking (including stairs) throughout shift
- Ability to use hands in using office equipment, including the computer system
- Ability to talk and hear to conduct phone correspondence
- Close vision and focus capabilities to view computer screen and company documents
Levy is an equal opportunity employer. At Levy we are committed to treating all Applicants and Team Members fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.