To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
- Phone: 000-000-0000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
BakerRipley • Houston, TX
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
BakerRipley provides an integrated holistic education system for families and their children ages six months through eighth grade. The Choices in Education division oversees the early childhood education programs and the BakerRipley Schools, including three community-based elementary schools, one middle school, and a "New Neighbor" school for refugee children - all of which reside within our community centers. Our holistic approach to educating the entire family allows us to create a stronger and more positive impact in the community. Both children and their parents gain access to education and broader community resources to prepare them for a successful degree and/or career.
1) JOB SUMMARY:
The school-based administrative assistant provides administrative/clerical support for the Principal in the areas of payroll, student lunch program, correspondence, report preparation, inventory management, budget maintenance, public relations, and information dissemination.
2) CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Coordinates the smooth operation of the school office.
2. Ensures that the school office is neat, attractive, and presents a positive first impression to visitors. Assumes ownership of the office area.
3. Continuously improves personal skills by attending appropriate training sessions. (NSLP, etc.).
4. Maintains and submits records related to the National School Lunch Program. Screens and verifies applications. Communicates with the contracted caterer.
5. Prepares invoices for submission to the accounting department.
6. Manages inventory of school and office supplies.
7. Disseminates office supplies and materials for school staff.
8. Maintains reports and submissions required by the National School Lunch Program
9. Maintains confidentiality regarding staff and school related issues.
10. Communicates positively and courteously with staff, parents, and others per principal directive.
11. Designs and maintains a computer database equivalent to the needs of the campus with respect to personnel personal data.
12. Provide clerical support to the campus.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED required.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
One to two years related experience and/or training.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid Texas Driver's License.
* Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral forms with all levels of management, both internal and external to the agency.
* Has the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
* Ability to provide assistance to students, parents, community partners, and staff.
* Ability to effectively multi-task.
* Ability to maintain staff attendance records.
* Maintains school files and personnel records.
* Ability to travel throughout the city.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Ability to speak effectively before groups of parents and staff.
Intermediate skill with personal computers and related software (MS Office).
Bilingual - Spanish/English preferred.