Primary Care Physician Assistant role in the Bronx offering 5 weeks vacation + 12 additional personal and sick days, flexible work schedule, 401K Retirement plan, low cost medical, dental and vision insurance
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Donna Gawroski
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $130,000 - $145,000 per yearA bit about us:
Founded over 20 years ago - We are the largest privately held multispecialty medical group in the Bronx. We provide high-quality, compassionate, and accessible medical care to some of the most vulnerable and under-served residents of New York State. Guided by a Population Health model of care, our organization has five integrated clinical divisions offering urgent care, primary care, and specialty services, as well as nursing home staffing and care management. Our organization has expanded from a single primary care office to an umbrella organization offering specialties from women’s health to endocrinology, from psychiatry to a vast array of other specialties. All clinical services are offered via telehealth or in-person at over 35 medical offices and at home through the House Calls programWhy join us?
- Generous Paid time off – 25 days
- 9 Company paid holidays
- 3 additional personal days
- 403b Retirement plan with company match
- Medical coverage thru United Health Plan
- Dental and Vision coverage thru Guardian
- Life insurance through MetLife
- Paid leave
The Physician Assistant will provide advanced primary and/or specialty care to our patients. Responsibilities will include but not limited to, performing physical exams, recording patient medical history, creating care plans and administering diagnostic test.
- Provide healthcare services under supervision of a physician.
- Examine patients and record their medical histories.
- Conduct physicals and treat minor injuries (sutures, splints, etc)
- Order diagnostic tests, interpret results and diagnose medical conditions.
- Prescribe therapy or medication with physician approval.
- Monitor responses to treatments and counsel patients.
- Assess patients’ health and their demands and aim to fulfill them as well as possible.
- Issue appropriate prescriptions and administer medicine.
- Inform physicians about any problems or discrepancies that might arise.
- Acquire and review patient histories identifying abnormal conditions.
- Monitor patients’ progress and keep records of treatments, surgeries or other medical events.
- Prepare patients for examinations and conduct routine procedures (measure blood pressure and temperature, administer injections etc)
- Provide therapeutic treatments (disinfecting wounds, stitching etc.)
- Collaborate effectively with team members of various specializations.
- Attend to emergencies.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
- Health Care
- Medical Management
- Surgical Procedures
- Diagnostic Tests