To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Wichita, KS
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
NORC at the University of Chicago • Wichita, KS
Posted 1 month ago
NORC at the University of Chicago is looking to hire friendly and personable individuals as Supervisors who can manage and coach telephone interviewers at our state of the art facility in Wichita, KS. Part-time supervisors work 32 hours per week. Apply now to join us at our Wichita location.
WHAT IS A SUPERVISOR?
The Telephone Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day activities of interviewers and clerks within the various functional areas of the facility, including maintaining quality standards and service levels as well as take on a leadership role in identifying problems and proposing solutions.
NORC is an independent research institute focused on social science research. Founded in 1941, NORC conducts research studies for clients that include governments, corporations and nonprofits. Its research studies are generally conducted in five main areas: economics, markets and the workforce; education, training and learning; global development; health and well-being; and society, media and public affairs. NORC’s most cited research is the General Social Survey, which has monitored change and the growing complexity of American society since 1972. Other major studies include the High School and Beyond Study, National Immunization Survey and Survey of Consumer Finances.DEPARTMENT: TSSO
ABOUT TELEPHONE SURVEY AND SUPPORT OPERATIONS (TSSO):
TSSO is primarily responsible for screening and interviewing respondents over the telephone, but we also prompt respondents by telephone, locate respondents, code and enter data from survey responses, manage hard copy documents, and mail survey materials.
TSSO staff are vital to our nationwide survey research operation. Interviewers talk to people from every conceivable walk of life to obtain information on issues such as health care, employment, and education. The work we do at NORC has lasting social significance, and the data we gather helps legislators and others involved in setting policy make informed decisions for the welfare of all Americans in an increasingly complex society.
Our TSSO Centers are state-of-the-art telephone survey centers located in Chicago, IL, Albuquerque, NM, and Wichita, KS. Each Center features call stations equipped for computer-assisted telephone interviewing (CATI).RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage daily production activities including identifying, troubleshooting, and solving production problems
- Escalate technical issues to the MOD
- Deliver feedback, coaching and verbal, written and final warnings to interviewers, when necessary, regarding general procedures, project policies and work performance.
- Monitor, encourage, and motivate interviewers to maintain productivity on specific projects
- Coordinate administrative issues such as attendance, schedule changes, and intervention for performance problems
- Evaluate staffing needs, execute start-up and close-down procedures for production systems and building security, and track production completes against project budget
- May be required to work remotely with staff
- Perform other duties , including interviewing or clerical work, as assigned
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor's degree in Social Sciences, Survey Methodology, Business Management or related field preferred
- Ability to follow all standard operating and project-related procedures
- Ability to work in a production team environment
- Knowledge of a PC Windows environment required
- Work experience in telephone data collection or customer service preferred; ideally with supervisory experience.
- This position requires flexibility in work schedule and includes evening and weekend hours.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to create a teamwork environment by working cooperatively with peers, subordinates, managers, and staff in other departments
- You must have an advanced ability to motivate, coach, counsel and evaluate others.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly learn principles and processes of survey research, especially data collection
- Solid trouble shooting and problem solving skills
- May be required to work remotely with staff
- Ability to create and manage budgets of medium complexity
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, NORC has conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with NORC to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
NORC conducts research in five main areas: Economics, Markets, and the Workforce; Education, Training, and Learning; Global Development; Health and Well-Being; and Society, Media, and Public Affairs.
We provide comprehensive and integrated services that span the research cycle, and offer solutions that anticipate and address critical needs in research and data science. We approach all work with deep technical expertise, a spirit of collaboration, and a commitment to scientific integrity.A TRADITION OF EXCELLENCE:
As one of the oldest not-for-profit, academic research organizations in the United States, and through its affiliation with the University of Chicago, NORC maintains the highest standard of professional excellence and scientific rigor, and is committed to broad dissemination of its findings.A PASSION FOR INNOVATION:
NORC’s subject matter experts and survey professionals develop and employ innovative study designs, research methods, and technical applications to derive meaningful and accurate results.A COMMITMENT TO COLLEGIALITY:
NORC cultivates an interdisciplinary culture of achievement in which senior investigators from diverse fields and professional backgrounds collaborate with the next generation of researchers in an open, collegial environment.EEO STATEMENT:
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally-protected characteristics.