Apex Systems is currently supporting multiple .Net Developer roles in Richmond, VA. Please send your resume to Stephen at Email blocked - click to apply
Responsibilities of a Senior .NET Developer:
- Provide direct guidance in planning, designing, programming, documentation and implementation of new and existing applications.
- Participates in program analysis and system design preparatory to development of programs.
- Collaborates with others to evaluate and maintain applications to meet business needs, responsible for software design and development for complex and/or large-scale business solutions, providing technical guidance and leadership for specific applications.
- Prepare business case, project plan and software specifications in support of project life cycle.
- Participate in all aspects of the programming lifecycle on IT projects, including requirements analysis, technical design analysis, programming
- Responsible for advising on operating problems of assigned programs.
- Guide users/process owner in capability assessment, business case, and requirements planning.
- Define and/or validate project deliverables, schedule and resource requirements based on team and other constituents’ inputs.
- Develop and/or validate project plan including statement of work and tasks due dates.
- Ensure that project tasks stay within the defined project scope, and identify and estimate change control opportunities.
- Ensure that regular reviews are held to evaluate project process at the appropriate points in the project life-cycle.
- Perform and coordinate testing and debugging.
- May provide estimates for time of development and execution for finished projects.
- May train junior staff and monitor the activities of a small group of Programmers or Programmer Analysts.
- Provide written project status to stakeholders and management at regular intervals.
- May guide the work of more junior staff
Requirements Senior .NET Developer:
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving capabilities.
- Ideal candidates will have 7-10 years of experience with a demonstrated track record of delivering high quality web and data applications through strong analytic and development skills.
- The candidate should have good communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, agile development environment with minimal supervision.
- He/she would be a supportive and flexible team member open to leveraging new technologies, tools and processes such as continuous testing, integration and deployments.
- Candidate should be willing to work as member of a support team that may require off hour / weekend support.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 3 years of experience or Master’s degree in Computer Science/related field or equivalent work experience
- Proficient software development professional
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of software delivery processes - ability to work both independently and in an agile team environment
- Strong written, verbal, interpersonal, and follow up communication skills
- Healthcare experience a plus
- Proactive with strong technical trouble shooting and analytic skills with ability to analyze business requirements and translate into application services
- Proficient Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD) skills.
- Proficient knowledge of relational database design patterns and querying skills
- Strong knowledge with some/all Unit, Web, Integration, and Performance testing frameworks
- Strong knowledge with source control tools and methodologies (TFS, Git)
- Proficient in using dependency injection frameworks.
Technical Stack specifics/experience with the following- Required
- API/Web Services development experience.
- SQL Server 2008+
- .Net/C#, XML,MVC, WCF
- SQL, Entity Framework, Nhibernate, SSIS
Pluses of the .NET Developer:
- Experience healthcare, or insurance industries preferred.
- Related professional experience in an enterprise environment preferred.
- Additional Developer / Technical Stack specifics- nice to have
- Entity Framework, Nhibernate, SSIS ASP.NET Web Forms, MangoDB, Angular
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Produce Clean Code
Perform System Testing