Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Come join the largest baking company in the world and our family of 20,000 associates nationwide!
The Maintenance Technician safely performs preventive maintenance procedures on bakery processing equipment and building maintenance to ensure equipment efficiency and reliability.
Top Reasons to Work at Bimbo Bakeries USA
Great starting pay: $21/hr-$24/hr!
- Excellent benefits package
- Growing organization & increased demand for products
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Works in accordance with safety regulations and procedures at all times (LOTO, Confined Spaces, Hazardous Material Handling procedures, etc.).
- Supports General Plant Safety, Food Safety, Food Defense Initiatives, Good Manufacturing Practices, AIB and Internal Audits and Product Quality at all times.
- Conducts “Pre-Flight” checkout of operating systems prior to start-up of the line.
- Participates in root cause problem solving & troubleshooting issues.
- Performs preventative, predictive and proactive maintenance.
- Capable of overhauling most process systems and equipment to ensure optimal equipment up-time.
- Works cross-functionally with production and sanitation associates to provide effective maintenance support and to protect food safety and quality.
- Identifies potential cost savings and cost avoidance measures.
- Understands levels of line downtime caused by equipment issues.
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned by supervisor.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Maintenance Technician Qualifications:
Education: High School or equivalent is required. Technical training or classes is preferred.
Experience: 2-3 years industrial maintenance experience in a manufacturing or food processing environment.
A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted
Basic electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic troubleshooting knowledge.
Programmable Logic Control troubleshooting experience.
Welding, plumbing, and pipe fitting experience.
Ability to identify various parts and read mechanical and electrical drawings, instructions, gauges, micrometers, etc.
Tasks require working from a ladder or elevated platform and in confined spaces such as ovens, proof box and bulk storage bins or tanks.
Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
Must be able to work Nights, Weekends & Holidays
Internal Title: Maintenance Mechanic
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Keywords: Maintenance Mechanic, Maintenance Electrician, Industrial Mechanic, Industrial Technician, Industrial Electrician, Facilities Maintenance, Facilities Mechanic, Facilities Technician, Maintenance Technician, Industrial Maintenance
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.