The Mother/Baby Unit at Inova Fair Oaks Hospital is seeking an experienced Postpartum RN to work full-time, night shift. This position is 3 x 12 hour shifts per week, 7:00pm to 7:00am. Sign-On/Relocation Bonus Information:
This position is eligible for a competitive Sign-On Bonus. Candidates who are relocating 50 miles or further are also eligible for relocation assistance.
The Mother/Baby Unit is committed to provide superior, personalized, and compassionate care to antepartum patients, their newborns, and families. This is a 35 private bed unit providing 24/7 care in a family centered manner. Patients on Mother/Baby are women of childbearing age who are postpartum, their newborns, and undelivered ante partum patients experiencing complications of pregnancy. RNs are assigned up to 4 couplets. Our Mother/Baby team is committed to meeting the highest standards in quality care and patient experience and is proud of their continuing Magnet status and recently earned a High-Performing rating for the first edition of Best Hospitals for Maternity by U.S. News & World Report.
Watch this video to learn more about childbirth services at Inova Fair Oaks Hospital: Childbirth Service Tour at Inova Fair Oaks Hospital - YouTube
Inova Fair Oaks Hospital is a top-ranked 182-bed acute care community hospital serving the rapidly growing suburbs of Northern Virginia. Inova Fair Oaks Hospital is committed to providing safe care, excellent service and is continuously striving to improve each patient's unique experience. That's why every patient we serve is a VIP - a Very Important Patient. The Inova Registered Nurse:
- Provides knowledgeable and caring clinical practice and care coordination through an understanding of patient, family, nurse, and healthcare delivery team. Consistently provides safe, therapeutic care in a holistic and systematic way. Incorporates differences into the provision of care. Conducts all patient care in a patient and family-centered manner. Integrates knowledge, skills, and experiences to meet the needs of patients and families throughout the continuum, to include patient and family education.
- Communicates effectively and works cooperatively with others. Has respect for and understanding of other clinical disciplines. Uses an integrated approach toward patient outcomes.
- Serves as an empowering body to influence patient empowerment, and successful outcomes of financial and clinical quality, through relationships and access-based knowledge. Utilizes standards, guidelines, and pathways for care delivery. Determines process for delivery of care from direct patient and family communication, technology, and other healthcare team member collaboration.
- Ensures improvements in practice settings by assuming responsibility for self-development in life-long learning. Provides direction and guidance to others regarding practice. Serves as a resource, preceptor, and mentor. Demonstrates leadership skills in decision making and problem solving.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive paid time off (PTO) accruals that increases with tenure
- Seven annual holidays in addition to your PTO
- Competitive 401k match
- Educational assistance
- Relocation assistance available for qualified candidates
- Free parking for all Inova team members at all Inova locations
- A minimum of 6 months of Registered Nurse clinical experience in the acute care setting
- Education: BSN or MSN or
If Associates Degree RN-Within 6 months of start date, meet with nurse leader:
- Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend
- Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses
- Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date.
Complete BSN within 24 months of start date
- BLS for Healthcare Provider Certification from the American Heart Association required
- RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a RN
- Proficient in English, strong verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional interpersonal skill and the ability to display a caring demeanor towards others. Proficient computer skills required.
For internal use only: IND1 #LI-CR1About Us
Inova is Northern Virginia's leading nonprofit healthcare provider. Our mission is to provide world-class healthcare - every time, every touch - to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve. Inova's 18,000 team members serve more than 2 million individuals annually through an integrated network of hospitals, primary and specialty care practices, emergency and urgent care centers, outpatient services and destination institutes.
Safety Always: Learn how we keep our team members and patients Safe@Inova.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
- Basic Life Support
- Care Coordination
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Clinical Practices
- Clinical Works