To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Reading, PA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Quality Chem Lab Technician - Reading, PA
Carpenter Technology • Reading, PA
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Carpenter Technology Corporation is a leading producer and distributor of premium specialty alloys, including titanium alloys, nickel and cobalt based superalloys, stainless steels, alloy steels and tool steels. Carpenter’s high-performance materials and advanced process solutions are an integral part of critical applications used within the aerospace, transportation, medical and energy markets, among other markets. Building on its history of innovation, Carpenter’s powder technology capabilities support a range of next-generation products and manufacturing techniques, including additive manufacturing and 3D printing.
QUALITY CHEM LAB TECHNICIAN – Reading, PA
Shift = 1st
- Using knowledge of test equipment (hardware & software) and under moderate supervision, carries out chemical analysis requests from all areas of the company including our customers. Collect and report the data from these analyses.
- Set up, operate and maintain various pieces of test equipment and make minor routine preventative and corrective repairs as required. Prepare samples for chemical analysis and make up solutions used in various analytical procedures.
- Investigate possible modification of prescribed analytical procedures to improve precision and accuracy. Train and become proficient on multiple analytical methods.
- Performs all other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree in Chemical Technology preferred, High School Diploma required. 3+ years of experience in a laboratory environment.
- Working knowledge of chemical analyses and testing procedures, appropriate test equipment including hardware and software. Working knowledge of LIMS system. High level working knowledge of all applicable analytical methods.
- Experience performing sample preparation, solution preparation and routine chemical analyses as directed by supervision and chemist.
- Requires mechanical ability to maintain and repair instruments. Refined laboratory skills and instrument understanding.
- Ability to solve a range of problems by using standard procedures and/or processes.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work and meet agreed upon deadlines.
- Ability to work as a team to achieve team goals.
- Requires excellent written/verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees.
Carpenter Technology Corporation’s policy is to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans.