RN Scholarship – Mercy-Ada
Thank you for your interest in the Mercy Nursing Scholarship program. Please carefully review the eligibility requirements. To apply, submit an online application. You must also provide the documents listed in the checklist below to the recruitment office that serves your selected Mercy facility. Without the required documents, your application will not be considered.
- Completed online application (internal applicants complete transfer request)
- School Document Confirming Acceptance or enrollment in good standing
- Current official transcript with grade verification
- Two reference letters from instructors , managers or supervisors
- Essay stating objectives, goals, purpose and motivation for applying for this scholarship. (300 word minimum)
Applications are accepted year round and will be reviewed quarterly (4/1 and 10/1).
A limited number of scholarships will be awarded. All applicants will be notified of their status after review.
If nursing scholarship money from Mercy is to be matched by the Physician Manpower Training Commission (PMTC), the money from Mercy will be given to the PMTC and distributed by PMTC on a schedule agreed upon by the scholarship recipient. Applicants must indicate intent to obtain matching funds upon application.
Payment of monies is specified and defined in the scholarship agreement. 2.5 GPA must be maintained. Grades and specified documents must be received and verified by recruiter before checks will be issued.
If the student is not employed at Mercy upon graduation due to discontinuing the course of study leading to the completion of the program, failure to meet job requirements and standards, non-compliance with policies, termination of employment, or does not obtain licensure, certification, or registry, repayment of the scholarship money is required as defined in the agreement.