We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Java Developer to join our team in Reston, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
This talented engineer will provide full stack software development for a federal client in a collaborative environment. Unisys has co-located Agile teams that work together with our clients to build high quality solutions. The senior java developer designs, modifies, develops, writes, and implements software programming applications.
• Hands on coding / development to the current enterprise system (.NET & Java teams).
• Researches, designs, and develops software systems.
• Designs application objects that work together to produce desired product.
• Ensures that completed objects provide all functionality described by application experts to ensure that performance guidelines are met.
• Develops level-of-effort estimates for enhancements and new features.
• Works with other team members to develop a complete and integrated solution; and to deliver quality software and required documentation on time.
• Develops and executes Test Driven Development tests, integration tests, automated testing.
• Works with agile teams to refine requirements and to identify areas for enhancement.
• Monitors and maintains production systems.
• U.S. Citizenship Required
• Must be able to obtain a public-trust level security clearance.
• Bachelor's degree and at least 15 years of experience is required for this position.
• Experience developing and implementing software solutions using advanced programming languages, i.e. Java 8+ and C#.
• Experience with the following is a plus: J2EE, MVC 4/5, ICAM, XSL, XML, JSP, JBOSS, Oracle 11g, SOA, Application Security, Spring, Apache, and Web Service Development with SOAP or REST)
• Experience developing and implementing software designs to solve business problems and produce high quality architecture artifacts with attention to detail.
• Experience coding, testing, and debugging programs based on requirements.
• IT experience in agile Full Life Cycle development, to include: system design architecture, development, maintenance, and support in an Agile development environment.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
Java (Programming Language)
Extensible Markup Language (Xml)
C Sharp (Programming Language)