The Quality/Risk Management Specialist assists the Director of Quality/Performance Improvement (PI) and Risk Management (RM) with the operational functions of the PI/RM program. Duties include conducting investigations related to patient safety incidents; risk identification, prevention, and reduction; and managing, analyzing, and presenting risk management data. The Quality/Risk Management Specialist also assists in special projects of the organization involving patient safety, quality improvement, compliance, patient satisfaction, and staff education.
- Reviews and investigates patient safety incidents.
- Applies risk management criteria to analyze risk incidents for data entry accuracy and completeness.
- Follow-up and monitor progress of event action plans implemented to improve system/process issues.
- Analyses and compiles data into spreadsheets and databases as needed. May perform concurrent and retrospective quality/risk management data reviews to ensure data integrity.
- Assists in planning, revising, and implementing quality/risk management programs to meet the needs of the facility, utilizing state and national rules and regulations.
- Receives, investigates, and when appropriate attempts to solve problems, including grievances related to patient care and the quality of medical services in an effort to control or eliminate claims.
- Conducts educational programs and provides consultative services on risk management issues
- Act as a consultant to departments in the development of policies and procedures, which eliminate conditions or actions that can cause event incidents and/or claims.
- Collaborates with medical staff, nursing, other departments and committees in an effort to identify possible exposure and take measures to avoid loss.
- Assists leaders and teams in identifying and correcting regulatory/accreditation compliance issues and participates in survey preparatory activities.
- Researches patient safety best practices, national and regional benchmarks, and industry standards.
- Compiles, trends, and reports quality data in the following areas; patient care, safety, risk management, infection control, outcomes and customer satisfaction. Retrieve and report key operating statistics through the effective utilization of information systems. Complete and submit program reports.
- Acts as the Facility’s Risk Manager in the absence of the Director of Quality/PI and RM, which includes on-call responsibilities.
- Position is based in Kirkland with responsibilities to travel periodically to satellite sites.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in healthcare or nursing, or equivalent experience in risk management preferred. Graduate from an accredited program of professional healthcare preferred. CPHRM or CPHQ preferred.
Experience: A minimum of three (3) years of experience in healthcare
Licensure: Must have a valid driver’s license.
Additional Requirements: Familiar with medical terminology; demonstrated ability to work constructively with a broad spectrum of health care professionals; knowledge and experience in data management and software programs; ability to work discreetly with highly confidential information.
Certified Professional In Healthcare Quality