To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Medford, MA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Transdev North America • Medford, MA
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Lead Dispatcher is responsible for training and supervising dispatchers, and assuring quality of dispatch operations including monitoring Dispatchers.
- Assuring quality of dispatch operations including monitoring Dispatchers
- Tracking and monitoring new drivers and any drivers with identified performance issues
- Coaching dispatchers to resolve performance issues and compliance with the MBTA policies and procedures
- Meeting with Dispatch Manager on a regular basis.
- Performing the duties of Dispatchers when needed and possible without compromising primary Lead Dispatcher duties
- High school diploma or GED
- Three years of experience of dispatch within the paratransit industry. Prior experience as a paratransit driver is a plus.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office and with paratransit scheduling software (and preferably ADEPT) and the ability to learn new software
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills
- Ability to supervise others
- Excellent knowledge of The RIDE service area streets, landmarks, and institutions, including all major trip generators and transfer points
- Excellent knowledge of traffic patterns and their impact on paratransit operations
- Excellent communication skills in person, over the phone, and on a two-way communication device
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as needed.
- Majority of work is accomplished indoors and in air conditioned or well ventilated facilities
- Majority of work is accomplished in an office or in a cubicle space equipped with a telephone and computer.
- The employee is generally subjected to long periods spent sitting, typing, or looking at a computer screen.
For more information please visit our website at www.transdevna.com/careers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check
Requisition ID 2019-10145
Position Category Customer Service/Call Center/Dispatch/Reservationist/Scheduler
Internal Code \#TNA
Internal Reference 405
Internal Code 3 Ind1