To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lancaster, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources Employee Relations Assistant - Human Resources - Full Time/Days
Antelope Valley Hospital • Lancaster, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Under the direction of the Manager of Employee & Labor Relations; provides support in the area of employee relations. This position preforms a wide variety of general duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides general assistance to the Employee Relations Specialist and Coordinator.
- Assists in assuring compliance with Joint Commission and Department of Health Services requirements including audits of employee files.
- Maintains personnel files by filing all incoming items.
- Performs data entry of pertinent personnel information.
- Provides clerical assistance as needed to support department functions, such as typing, filing, photocopying, and faxing.
- Answers telephones consistent with Service Excellence standards, routes calls appropriately, and accurately records messages.
- Takes and records telephone, e-mail, or written messages for Employee Relations department staff.
- Receives and distributes signature items for the department.
- Assist in processing invoices and check requests, as needed.
- Assists the Employee & Labor Relations Coordinator in processing Term PAFs.
- Copies documents, as needed.
- Assists other HR staff with projects, events, etc.
- Other duties as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of office practices and procedures normally acquired through one (1) year’s office experience.
Proficient in MS Office Suite, including Outlook.
Strong communication and English grammar skills, including oral and written
Ability to type and perform data entry accurately.
Attention to detail and accuracy.
Ability to work in an environment that requires a high level of discretion and confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
AVH Values: All AVH employees will effectively demonstrate these values:
- Patients Come First – We listen actively and communicate with our patients and families, placing safety as a top priority
- Accountability & Ownership – We fully complete tasks, are transparent, effectively communicate, and recognize that what we do reflects on us
- Teamwork – We build trusting relationships, promote a sense of community, and are respectful of everyone. Success is about the whole team
- Integrity & Honesty – We tell the truth at all times, speak up when something is wrong, and do the right thing when no one is looking
- Excellence – We take pride in our work, are goal-oriented, and on a never-ending quest for top tier quality
- Initiative & Innovation – Our can-do attitudes, creativity, and resourcefulness empower us to improve the patient’s experience, solve our own problems, make timely decisions, and look for opportunities to add value
- Tenderness & Compassion – We have genuine empathy, show kindness, and encourage and advocate for each other
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or GED required.
Minimum of three (3) years’ administrative experience is required.
- Human Resources experience Highly preferred
Required Licensure and/or Certifications:
AVH Conduct/Compliance Expectations:
Ability to adhere with AVH Absenteeism and Tardiness Ability to adhere with AVH Leaves of Absence Policy
Ability to adhere with AVH Paid Time Off (PTO) Policy
Ability to adhere with AVH Recording of Hours Worked Policy
Ability to adhere to the department dress code
Ability to organize work and establish priorities
Ability to expand on own initiative in performance of duties
Skill and ability to follow the telephone etiquette/standards
Conforms to AVH Standards of Excellence
Ability to function effectively under pressure and meet time parameters
Ability to communicate effectively while maintaining good working relationships with co-workers, managers and other hospital staff
Ability to adhere to the normal standards of courtesy and conduct as defined under the rules of hospitality at AVH
Ability to maintain the confidentiality of patient, hospital and department information
Looking for an opportunity to work in healthcare the way you always dreamed you could? At Antelope Valley Hospital, our employees are at the heart of what we do best – delivering high quality, patient-centered healthcare.
Antelope Valley Hospital, a 420 bed acute care facility, located just 60 miles north of Los Angeles, the Antelope Valley is one of Southern California’s fastest growing communities. We are a Level II Trauma Center and Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center Accredited. Serving the community for over 50 years, our non-profit hospital has grown to be the preeminent healthcare facility for our district’s nearly 1.2 million residents.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.