To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Diego, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Software Developer
TEKsystems, Inc • San Diego, CA
Posted 3 days ago
Sr. Software Engineer (PHP)
Location: San Diego, CA
Company: My client is a market leader in the genetic testing space and they currently offer a wide range of diagnostics to enable patients to take control of their health and wellness based off of their unique genetic makeup.
They are looking to bring on a fulltime Sr. Software Engineer to help them in building out new applications as they advance their product portfolio. The Sr. Software Engineer will be responsible for developing a wide range of internal applications and customer facing products, including the company's homegrown LIMS (Lab Information Management System), online ordering systems, customer service tools and also a new patient portal that is expected to make a huge impact across all of their current products.
- 5+ years working with PHP on a Linux environment such as RedHat, Centos, or Fedora
- 5+ years writing code within an MVC framework
- 5+ years working with relational databases, preferably PostgreSQL as well as writing complex queries with multiple joins as well as triggers and stored procedures
- Experience implementing:
- RESTful Web Services and APIs
- Unit testing, Test Driven Development
- Continuous integration
- Prior biotech or healthcare experience, specifically working with LIMS systems
- Experience using PostgreSQL
- Proficiency with Design Patterns and object-oriented programming including implementation.
- Zend, Laravel, or Symfony framework
- 5+ years of related work experience, preferably in an Agile environment with sprints, user stories, and daily standup meetings
- Proficiency with GIT version control including per-project branching and merging
- The ability to work effectively in collaborative, team based environments
- A track record of continuous improvement
- Work with project lead and engineering manager to define requirements
- Work with software QA team to define test plans and refine implemented features based on their feedback
- Troubleshoot and fix production bugs and issues
- Follow coding standards and workflows
- Document processes using wiki and diagramming tools
- Write and maintain unit tests
- Maintenance and development of:
- Internal PHP web sites and software
- SQL tables, views, queries, functions, procedures
- Internal and external APIs
- Configure application servers such as Apache, Tomcat and RabbitMQ
- Deploy code and database scripts to development, test, and production servers as needed
Why this Opportunity?
- The Director of Engineering is not one to micro-manage and he promotes a strong work/life balance (rarely are people working in excess of 40-45hrs/week). He is also dedicated to helping his team members advance their careers.
- This is an opportunity to get into the medical domain and build applications that improve quality of life for its customers
- The environment promotes heavy collaboration where everyone's ideas are taken into consideration
- They are results-oriented and extremely productive on the engineering team
- They are aggressively building out new products which will empower their customers to take control of their health
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.